Runway problem

I have been working EGJJ which is a single runway operation. The runway headings are 09 and 27. The wind direction in the program was set at 000. I decided to use runway 27 for landings. However, I noticed that if a departing aircraft's SID was to the west then the aircraft used runway 27 but if the SID was to the east then the departing aircraft used runway 09.

Could you please look at this problem so that when the wind is exactly half way between the two runway headings then the same runway is used for both takeoffs and landings.

Many thanks.

David

Many thanks for the reply. I should have noticed this from the manual - sorry :mecry_s: - but my memory only recalled the bit in the manual which said you can let the wind direction decide runway to use. Anyway, point taken and I'll certainly remember to always set the runways in use myself in future!

David

Archived