Underlying Map

One thing I noticed while "playing" (sorry, to me it is more a game than a simulation at this point but I really like it!) was that I really (at times) wanted to be able to see where in the "real world" my a/c would be. I would therefore like to suggest that you do place an option to display an underlying map (e.g. the way www.flightradar24.com does it) in addition to the "pure" ATC Screen. It may require some thinking about contrast to the symbols and routed on screen, etc. but maybe other would appreciate it as much as I do...

Andreas

PS: as a suggested change request to the software requirements, I would mark it as "nice to have" from my perspective :D

Patrick,

I did not say I want it to be a "simulation" - for that, too many things are missing (e.g. it doesn ot really bother about spacing of a/c, it does not really complain about minimums or maximums, it does not allow "real-world" flights, etc.) - and I like it that way because I want to have fun, not frustration. I think, it is a great piece of software. And as such, I was thinking what would enhance my fun a bit more.

Andreas

PS: I would not do "Google Maps" due to the licensing - but maybe Openstreetmap...

Archived