EBBR Aircraft Position at the gates

Johan Tavernier

I just installed Mega Airport Brussels and noticed all aircraft (including those of My Traffic Pro 5.4c) are parked to far from the jetways.

I've tested this at gates 120, 157, 211 and 150. At gate 150 I took a few screenshots to compare with (EBBR-2) and without (EBBR-4) Mega Airport Brussels

post-95348-0-38547200-1384435252_thumb.j post-95348-0-42088700-1384435287_thumb.j

I would not consider this a big problem. However, trying AES fails because the aircraft is not correctly parked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Johan

trying AES fails because the aircraft is not correctly parked

Johan,

AES does not influence positions of AI aircraft. Only yours.

As for their positions, this is determined by AFCAD files.

Make sure there are no double AFCADs in your FSX folders. < You can use this utility: http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filemanager/navega.php?PHPSESSID=b55c2be4e59f67f27ed4bc69f44f4714&dir=.%2FFSX%20Airport%20Scanner%2FCurrent%20Version

If not, try finding an alternative AFCAD for MA Brussels to improve it, but let me tell you AI planes are often parked 'not very beautifully'. ;)

Johan,

AES does not influence positions of AI aircraft. Only yours.

As for their positions, this is determined by AFCAD files.

Make sure there are no double AFCADs in your FSX folders. < You can use this utility: http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filemanager/navega.php?PHPSESSID=b55c2be4e59f67f27ed4bc69f44f4714&dir=.%2FFSX%20Airport%20Scanner%2FCurrent%20Version

If not, try finding an alternative AFCAD for MA Brussels to improve it, but let me tell you AI planes are often parked 'not very beautifully'. ;)

Rafal,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried the dof utility you suggested but it reveiled no duplicates at EBBR. The problem is not with the AI aircraft but with my aircraft (Lufthansa Airbus). I have choosen this position via FSX "go to airport..." to start a flight. The AES indicator does not work because the aircraft is too far from its indicated parking spot to be able to put the jetway is place. To me, it is not a AES problem but more of a Mega Airport Brussels one. I'll have a try finding an AFCAD file and let you know.

To be honest the position where your Airbus stands looks good to me. I rather suspect that AES may not have the highest priority in your scenery library and is therefore not working correctly.

Archived