EHAM fsx rwy environment

Ruhrpilot07

Well.

I was asked to open my own thread for EHAM by Mr Hagen. :D

So we'll see if it helps. This question is indeed not about MA EHAM fsx, but EHAM default fsx airport.

I came across this neat little airport on a flight with KL-B744X (by pmdg) LIPZ - EHAM, and I wondered if I was the only one who perceived that while we came in smooth on the 18L, there was no PAPI*?

Is that a phenomenon that also appears with MA EHAM fsx?

I ask because I don't use the MA (yet).

*precision approach path indicator,

the aviation term "papi" 's got nothin to do with old men... ;)

Soo...

actually there are indeed some old man in our 18L from time to time (each time an airliner with old passengers takes off on it to be precise) :P

Ok, now seriously ;)

No, our scenery does not have a PAPI at runway 18L in EHAM.

The reason for it is simple: Runway 18L is not used for landings in real life and therefore it does not have a PAPI in real life either ;)

You can check the AIP to confirm this (actually I just did this to get my information) :)

See here: http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/2013-08-08-AIRAC/eAIP/html/index-en-GB.html

[...]

No, our scenery does not have a PAPI at runway 18L in EHAM.

The reason for it is simple: Runway 18L is not used for landings in real life and therefore it does not have a PAPI in real life either ;)

This is what I assumed, the 18L doesn't have any lights that would help us on final, because the real life EHAM atc simply does not clear the 18L for landings.

Ok, I got my information (18L 'cleared to land') from the fsx atc, and we all know how perfect this "institution" is working...

So, what does this mean for me and for my further use of EHAM? I can think of two possible situations, 1) I'll get some charts for further practice with EHAM fsx default, which probably contains such info as 'rwys x, y, z and xz are preferred for landing'

or 2) I'm purchasing MA EHAM fsx now, and get rid of that intolerable fsx atc by beginning with online flying.

Let me try the 1) first, to find out where to land at Schiphol.

And then we can talk again. Or do you have the proper rwys somewhere in your suitcase, that would be the fastest solution.

PS: These country-based links are useful, and, in this case (Netherlands) easy to use. I can remember that info is not always easy accessible,

not either if you have to 'telephone' 'round the planet... ^_^

Best you do not FSX ATC at all.

I would recommend online flying (I myself can recommend Vatsim very much and would never fly without it again!), but if you don't want to fly online or if there is currently no ATC available for your airport I would suggest that you simply fly without ATC (that is still a few thousand times more realistic than FSX default ATC) and use real charts. Take a look at this website: charts.aero

There you can get real charts for all airports in the world which have published their charts.
On the charts you will see which runways are available for landing.

• 3 weeks later...

Best you do not FSX ATC at all.

There you can get real charts for all airports in the world which have published their charts.

...which have published their charts. Yes.

"Showing 0 results for TNCM (Load time: 0.0455" ^_^

Oh, there are plans. If this forum provides enough space, then I'll publish 1 screenshot for each of my flights (IFR).

She still sits on the apron, but we make her fly in a few minutes. This is 1 neat airport, destination EHAM, or destination KORD, which would you prefer? You see my destination... I know, this is only fsx default scenery, but a nice lighting, isn't it...?

post-30929-0-74172000-1382250184_thumb.j

Archived