Trim sound

lonewulf47

I have noticed that with the introduction of the wheel movement during autotrim actions there is a clacking sound audible when trim moves a certain distance. I have never heard any sound connected to the trim system in an Airbus. If so it would mean that Airbus had changed its philosophy completely. Can you please check with RW pilots? I have also noted that it is still possible to move the trim wheel inflight in normal law operation. This is NOT possible. The trim wheel is locked inflight.

Oskar

Wondering as well, as this has been discussed a few times that the trim wheel doesn't make any sound.

AFAIK the trim wheel is never locked, plus it has priority over electrical trim. You can also disengage the AP by moving the trim wheel.

If you trim manually, autotrim stops.

Wondering as well, as this has been discussed a few times that the trim wheel doesn't make any sound.

AFAIK the trim wheel is never locked, plus it has priority over electrical trim. You can also disengage the AP by moving the trim wheel.

If you trim manually, autotrim stops.

Well, I'm too long away from the Bus now :rolleyes: . It is possible that A/P disconnect is related to trim wheel movement however if so I faintly remember that there is a specific (pretty high) force necessary to overcome normal trim operation, which is ALMOST like a locked trim wheel. I agree that this is hard to simulate. So let's stick to the trim disconnect which (correctly) happens after a certain displacement. But still the trim sound is funny :lol: ...

Oskar

Archived