Speed

JarredMark

Hi all, would any of you know what is going on, At 30,000 flying, the speed is only able to get up to 280MPH and that is with a empty load?, any idea what is wrong and the engines are in full power. You see real airbuses fly at 350MPH or something.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your question is simply the result of missing some basic knowledge of physics and aviation.
The airspeed indicator in your aircraft gives you always the speed (IAS = Indicated Air Speed) of your aircraft relative to the surrounding air. And as the air in 20.000 ft is much thinner then in 1.000 ft, the IAS is lower in 20.000 ft then in 1.000 ft.
As a result of this the max. speed gets lower the higher you are.
Normally every airspeed indicator has a marker giving you the max speed, lowering the higher you fly.

And this one is really great:

... the weight is now 0 and fuel is 0 and passenger and cargo is 0 and it's still flying...

Aircraft with zero fuel still flying :crylaugh_s:

I strongly suggest you start with the flying school in FSX and learn the basics before flying an jetliner. ;)

Hi all, would any of you know what is going on, At 30,000 flying, the speed is only able to get up to 280MPH and that is with a empty load?, any idea what is wrong and the engines are in full power. You see real airbuses fly at 350MPH or something.

Pls. check your GS and TAS on the ND. 280 is IAS kts, but not MPH.

Ok, Sorry to awkward but how would GS and TAS? where is the ND?

You should really start doing the tutorials within FSX and reading the product manual.

You are clearly missing basic knowledge of flying and I feel sorry to tell you that we can not teach you flying.

We can offer product support, but if you want to learn flying I strongly suggest that you sign up with some pilot training. There are several organisations providing that (even with live instructors via teamspeak) for free.

Archived