Airbus Extended A320-214, PFPX, Topcat and Airbus Fuel Planner

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I have flown around 150 flights since buying the Airbus Extended back in December then purchased Topcat a few weeks ago and finally PFPX.

So while i have pretty much mastered the airbus and its fuel planner I am a newbie with Topcat and PFPX.

My problem is this.

I create the flight in PFPX and release the flight. Then send the data to Topcat to get the Takeoff data. Start up the flightsim, begin updating the MCDU and then open up the Fuel Planner to load fuel and payload into the airbus.

So at this stage I have PFPX, Topcat and the fuel Planner open.

My problem is that I am not able to get the figures between all 3 to agree with each other.

For example, between PFPX and topcat the figures are different for Zero Fuel Weight, Takeoff Weight and Landing weight. Assume I have Dry Operating weight wrong as well but not found it in PFPX yet..........

I then have the same issue when trying to get the figures in the fuel Planner to agree with PFPX and Topcat. I just have not been able to get all 3 to match so obviously doing something wrong.

For example, with Zero fuel Weight I have the following

PFPX................................... 51,438 kg

Topcat ............................... 48,581 kg

Fuel Planner ...................... 48,475 kg

ZFW between Topcat and fuel Planner is close however take off and landing weight is way out.

Screenshots of all 3 screens below

Does any one have suggestions on what I am doing wrong. Have been looking for a tutorial or video demonstrating PFPX, Topcat and the Airbus but have not seen anything yet.

Cheers

Roy

post-72436-0-05585000-1378267067_thumb.j

post-72436-0-65653000-1378267058_thumb.j

With the prior post in mind with same figures....... the OFP section of PFPX shows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIG DOW PAX CARGO TOTAL ULOAD LIM ZFW TOW LDW
STANDARD 44100 78 75 7338 9562 ZFW MAX 61000 77000 64500
PLN 51438 56004 53487
ACT ...... ...... ......
So comparing PFPX to Topcat.........
Dry Operating Weight
---------------------------
----- PFPX = 44,100
----- Topcat = 41,243
Zero Fuel Weight
----------------------
----- PFPX = 51,438
----- Topcat = 48,581

Take Off Weight
----------------------
----- PFPX = 56,004
----- Topcat = 53,147

Landing Weight
----------------------
----- PFPX = 53,487
----- Topcat = 50,630

I then wondered if the difference between PPX and Topcat was due to passenger and cargo weight. So I made sure that in Topcat when I added the passenger and Cargo load together that it agreed with the Payload figure in PFPX ( details page)

So I am not sure what i am doing wrong

Roy

Thanks Andre.

That worked well with getting PFPX and Topcat to agree.

Is there a procedure for what to add in for the fuel planner........... I assume for the airbus all I need to do is ignore the payload and change the block fuel to agree with the release value as shown in PFPX and then click "Load fuel"

Ex PFPX Release = 4,360

Therefore change block fuel on right side of Fuel Planner "advanced mode" to 4.36

This is vastly different from the original block fuel amount calculated by the fuel planner for that route distance of 7.5

Roy

Have you checked to make sure that PFPX and TOPCAT are using the same passenger and bag weights, 84kg per pax & 25kg per bag.

Then when have computed and released a flight open then fuel planner and match the number if passengers and adjust the cargo slider to match the ZFW in PFPX.

This is how I do it and the landing figures in the fuel planner and PFPX are no more than +/-250kgs on average.

When you send the info to TOPCAT is this after everything is done in PFPX? I say this because I find this is where TOPCAT get all the data it needs except 1 piece, the TOW. On the take-off page press the get button next to take off weight to get the accurate weight.

Again this is how I'm doing it and it seems to be working for me.

Good luck!

Roy,

Ditto on the passenger weights.

One note to add on what Luke160388 had to say: your Airbus Extended fuel figures may be quite different from PFPX. If the Airbus Extended fuel planner worked for you in the past, start with that amount (add extra fuel in PFPX). Do a flight and fill in the time and fuel figures at each waypoint. After the flight, compare climb, cruise and descent to where you want to have it and then make adjustments to your aircraft performance (add or deduct %). Basically you need to figure out the % difference for climb / cruise / descent between the real aircraft and your FS aircraft.

Andre

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a new user to both Topcat (v2.73) and PFPX.

If, as mentioned. there are no AEX profiles in Topcat for the A320-214 (for example), then how do they integrate the information so that Topcat, PFPX and the AEX fuel planner agree as mentioned in this thread.

Where do you get the information for the AEX profile tp copy into Topcat? I read where there is a difference in the form of the database (Topcat in C++ and PFPX in .txt).

Can you edit one of the existing profiles in Topcat, for example the Airsimmer configuration, to reflect the A320-214 values?

If so, what resource is the best to obtain those A320 values?

Any help?

Thanks

Dom

Archived