Anything I should know before installing

Bennyboy

Hi, been a wile. I have decided to give the Airbus a second chance. I had V1 and could never complete a flight.

As a V1 owner I could not resist the 21$ price.

I just don't care about the 21$ price, I want to be happy again with an Aerosoft product.

I never had any issue with any of your product except for the Airbus V1.

I see a lot of thread on hotfix?

I have the Saitek x52 pro. Win 7 64. I7 OC at 4.2, GTX 590.

Thanks, Ben

Montreal

Hi Ben,

A lot of work has been going into the AAX since it was released. Hotfixes do come out from time to time to help clean up any new or persisting issues. Small work is still ongoing, but on the whole it is much more stabilized, and development is moving on to the new models coming out, the A318 and 319. With those, some added features will be coming with that package that will also trickle down to the A320/21 package. A great example would be the terrain database on the ND.

An important thing to note is that there are differences between hotfixes and service packs. Service packs are full new installers, typically because many items were fixed or changed, and would be too much for a simple hotfix. You will probably look forward to one of those after the A318/19 package is released. Hotfixes are smaller and can be released more quickly. You can see three hotfixes in the hotfix thread currently. If you decide on purchasing I would suggest hotfixes 15 and 16b. You can read their changelogs in their threads. If you also purchase FS2Crew for the AAX, you'll see a hotfix for that as hotfix 17.

This forum has been going on for 7 months now, and there is a VAST amount of knowledge and support here. If you run into any issues or have questions, please use the search function to try and find the answers first. More than likely they are already there. If not, of course feel free to open a thread with your question. There are several subforums here but they are all labeled, so they aren't too difficult to find the right place to find an appropriate place to post.

Lastly, and the biggie, please please please (please!) give the manuals a read through, and do the Step-by-step provided in the documentation. If you aren't familiar with the A320 at all, they are a great tool to get you started. If you are familiar with the A320, then they will serve to get you up to speed with what is simulated, what is not, and also some of the unique features that are included in the AAX package and how to use them (for instance the checklist system).

That's my two cents, welcome to the AAX, and feel free to ask anymore questions you have.

Archived