No AI at German Airports.

harpsi

Hi

I don´t have any traffic on german airports mainly. I didn´t see all of them, but something is happening. I have a folder just for the AF2 files. Any suggestion?

harpsi

The gerneral forum is not for support! You also fail to mention if you are using any AI packages, please help us in helping you and provide a lot more details. Things along the lines of whihc airports you have checked, where if anywhere else you see traffic etc etc.

Try disabling shadows.

Hi

They are disabled. At some airports I don´t have traffic, I don´t know why. All the afcads are inside the Aerosoft\AFD folder.

harpsi

Hi again

I was checking all airports and I dont have traffic at EDDP, EDDT, EDDF, EDDG, EDDK, EDDL, EDDM and EDFH. All the other have AI traffic landing and taking off. I believe that it has nothing to do with afcads (all of them are inside Aerosoft\AFD) or not enought Airlines (all the main german airlines have traffic for all airports in germany). Anyone with suggestions?

harpsi

You still fail to mention what AI package you are using!

No AI special package, I just have schedules for each airline. All AIs are everywhere except on those airports.

harpsi

No AI special package, I just have schedules for each airline. All AIs are everywhere except on those airports.

harpsi

Anyone to solve this? Maybe Rafael ;)

harpsi

Maybe Rafael

You won't give me a weekend break, will you? :P

Seriously though...

1. ... I think you should still properly answer Matt's question.

What exactly is the source of your AI traffic? Possible answers, e.g.:

- my own (I create traffic using flightplans, freeware AI models and compile them with TTools/other tools)

- WOAI

- Ultimate Traffic

- MyTraffic

- etc

2. Please check for possible multiple AFCADs <- you cas use this tool: http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/files/airport_scanner_100.zip

If there are any, please report for which airports they are, where they are located and what their names are (including file formats, e.g. 'bgl' or not). Do not remove any yet.

3. Make sure your traffic in FSX settings is set to ON and it is at least 50% (for the sake of the test you may even slide it up to 100%)

4. Double check your ground/aircraft shadows are off, as mentioned above

5. Check one of these airports, let's say EDDM, at a few different trimes of the day (e.g. 7 am, 11 am, 4 pm, 10 pm).

6. Of course since we are testing Munich, make sure you have traffic at least for such airlnes as: Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional, Air Berlin, Condor and TUIfly

Please report the results.

You won't give me a weekend break, will you? :P

Seriously though...

1. ... I think you should still properly answer Matt's question.

What exactly is the source of your AI traffic? Possible answers, e.g.:

- my own (I create traffic using flightplans, freeware AI models and compile them with TTools/other tools)

- WOAI

- Ultimate Traffic

- MyTraffic

- etc

2. Please check for possible multiple AFCADs <- you cas use this tool: http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/files/airport_scanner_100.zip

If there are any, please report for which airports they are, where they are located and what their names are (including file formats, e.g. 'bgl' or not). Do not remove any yet.

3. Make sure your traffic in FSX settings is set to ON and it is at least 50% (for the sake of the test you may even slide it up to 100%)

4. Double check your ground/aircraft shadows are off, as mentioned above

5. Check one of these airports, let's say EDDM, at a few different trimes of the day (e.g. 7 am, 11 am, 4 pm, 10 pm).

6. Of course since we are testing Munich, make sure you have traffic at least for such airlnes as: Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional, Air Berlin, Condor and TUIfly

Please report the results.

Next weekend you can stay at the beach with a beer :groupflip_s:

3. 4. Always like that.

5. Already checked.

6. I have more than 1500 Airlines, so, of course all the european ones, more or less 10 ou 20 for each country are there, are a lot of them are german ones for sure.

1. Well, I create my own FP and AIs but of course, I would WOAI, FAIB and all the stuff arround. I use one FP for each ariline, which means that in the scenery\world\scenery folder I will see all the FPs... Maybe more than 1000...

2. The afcads of all german airports, concerning that a major part of them in terms of sources are coming from aerosoft / simmarket / german airports team or whatever we call them (and let´s talk about these ones in order to avoid confusions), are in a folder called Aerosoft\AFD\scenery. I have just one for each airport. I already checked and here it comes the result.

There are duplicate files, exactly in the airports where there ir no traffic, but I think those files are necessary:

a ) EDDF: EDDF-APPRTW.bgl and AF2_EDDF_without_static_airplanes.bgl

b ) EDDG: AF2_EDDG.bgl and BR2_EDDG.bgl

c ) EDDM: AF2-EDDM.bgl and AFX_MDDE_ALT.bgl

and so on...

harpsi

Have you installed MyTraffic and/or VFR Germany before?

I guess (since I don't use any of the two addons) this is where the BR2_ files come from.

Try disabling it by moving it into a safe place or changing .bgl into something eles (e.g. .bak or .off).

Interestingly, I also have EDDM but don't have the files you have.

I only have AF2_eddm_2010.bgl in the Afd folder.

Have you applied any third party AFCADs (those sometimes just do not work properly)?

Let me suggest reinstalling the affected airports using the 'clean' method, similar to the one we used in case of PANC.

After you finish, use the afcads installed by default and see what happens.

Since you can see traffic at other airports, I am 90% sure this is an AFCAD problem.

Have you installed MyTraffic and/or VFR Germany before?

I guess (since I don't use any of the two addons) this is where the BR2_ files come from.

Try disabling it by moving it into a safe place or changing .bgl into something eles (e.g. .bak or .off).

Interestingly, I also have EDDM but don't have the files you have.

I only have AF2_eddm_2010.bgl in the Afd folder.

Have you applied any third party AFCADs (those sometimes just do not work properly)?

Let me suggest reinstalling the affected airports using similar methods to those we used in case of PANC.

Hi again

Yes, I have the VFR germany installed. Maybe the files are coming from there...

About EDDM or each other airport, I modify the name each time I modify na afcad to tweak it. For exemple AF2_EDDM_harpsi.bgl. That means I changed some gates of I added fake runways when there is no crosswind system done by the developer and so on...

I will try now with the BR2_.bgl off. I will let you know.

Anyway when FTX global comes all the VFR sceneries will go away from my system.

harpsi

Hi again

Yes, I have the VFR germany installed. Maybe the files are coming from there...

About EDDM or each other airport, I modify the name each time I modify na afcad to tweak it. For exemple AF2_EDDM_harpsi.bgl. That means I changed some gates of I added fake runways when there is no crosswind system done by the developer and so on...

I will try now with the BR2_.bgl off. I will let you know.

Anyway when FTX global comes all the VFR sceneries will go away from my system.

harpsi

Hi

OK. I have traffic at some airports. I know what is it. Afcads with a grey layer on the ground have traffic. The ones with "no layer" don+t have traffic. I cannot find a good afcad for EDDP.

harpsi

I cannot find a good afcad for EDDP

Then use the stock one - the one which comes with the installer.

Better this than a faulty one which will kill your traffic.

I know what is it.

Fantastic. So, let's mark it solved. :)

Then use the stock one - the one which comes with the installer.

Better this than a faulty one which will kill your traffic.

Fantastic. So, let's mark it solved. :)

No, not solved... I still have no traffic at EDDF, EDDP, EDDM and EDDK... I just have at EDLW and EDDG. I don´t know what could be the problem... And I am using the stock files...

harpsi

Please do the clean reinstall as I suggested in post #12.

It helped you with PANC, so it may help you here.

You probably have some kind of mess due to various installs and tweaks.

The best you can do now is definitely a clean reinstall.

Report the results and we will see.

Please do the clean reinstall as I suggested in post #12.

It helped you with PANC, so it may help you here.

You probably have some kind of mess due to various installs and tweaks.

The best you can do now is definitely a clean reinstall.

Report the results and we will see.

OK.

I have no traffic at EDDK, EDDM, EDDF, EDFH, EDDT, EDDP, EDLV and EDDL.

I have traffic at EDLW, EDDV, EDDG, EDDH, EDDW, EDDE and EDDS.

This is what I have at the moment... I will report back.

Tks

harpsi

Archived