Suggestion for the Twin Otter Extended

Caribpilot

After having a look at the Twin Otter Extended and speaking with a Captain over at Winair, I would like to suggest an additional cockpit option.

The Autopilot system on the main panel that comes in the Twin Otter Extended is a one off option that almost no other Twin Otter has. I was wondering if an alterate version can be created that would better represent the majority of other Twin Otter cockpits? Perhaps the AP unit can be replaced with a Sandel ST3400/SN3308 which is more of a requirement for twin otters that are operating these days. If this option isn't possible then I may suggest an Alternate VC with the AP system removed and left blank.

Another observation from the screenshots of the cockpit was that the oil pressure gauge was the wrong type. I am not sure if this differs in each airline, but it was an observation nonetheless.

• Aerosoft

After having a look at the Twin Otter Extended and speaking with a Captain over at Winair, I would like to suggest an additional cockpit option.

The Autopilot system on the main panel that comes in the Twin Otter Extended is a one off option that almost no other Twin Otter has. I was wondering if an alterate version can be created that would better represent the majority of other Twin Otter cockpits? Perhaps the AP unit can be replaced with a Sandel ST3400/SN3308 which is more of a requirement for twin otters that are operating these days. If this option isn't possible then I may suggest an Alternate VC with the AP system removed and left blank.

Another observation from the screenshots of the cockpit was that the oil pressure gauge was the wrong type. I am not sure if this differs in each airline, but it was an observation nonetheless.

As with all our projects we take one aircraft as our master (D-IVER in this case) and model it on that. The AP and Oil gauge are like that on that aircraft. It's not impossible we'll work on another AP, but this is currently not planned.

I don´t think that the guy from Winair is right in that respect...

Even the FlightSafety Maintenance manual has a rather indepth description of this particular autopilot.

That said - doesn´t mean that all or even most Twin Otters have this autopilot, many probably have no autopilot.

Finn

I don´t think that the guy from Winair is right in that respect...

Even the FlightSafety Maintenance manual has a rather indepth description of this particular autopilot.

That said - doesn´t mean that all or even most Twin Otters have this autopilot, many probably have no autopilot.

Finn

Indeed, Finn. The Grenadine Airways twotters have no APs. All hand flying, baby. The latest acquisition, J8-GAA the 4 blader, came with an autopilot but that has since been disabled/removed.

Cheers.

Correct, not all Twin Otters have this autopilot system. In fact, the Winair Captain I spoke too has never even seen it before. The most common AP systems are mounted on the yoke column and even then most airlines remove them because they tend cost more to maintain. Perhaps adding a Sandel Unit would be a nice touch in place of the APor you can simply leave it blank if decide to do an alternate VC.

As for the oil gauge, I am assuming that there would be difference as different operators may have made modifications, but the Capt I spoke with thought it was the wrong one to what he is use to seeing.

I will repeat my request here, For you Finn or Mathijs, I've noticed that in the sound folder, there is no feather sounds and I would like to know if it's possible to add it in the next soundset With a proper propeler rotation feature that comes with cause it really narrows me down to hear that feather mode sounds as close as normal spinning sounds and it's really not realistic and that part. The aircraft is great, stray up awesome but still the sound isn't correct, and it's sad to see that there's not that much of a difference on those two sound or on the animation. So wan you please try to look it up and see if you can intergrate those two options in the next Update please, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love and appreciate that !

• Deputy Sheriffs

As for the oil gauge, I am assuming that there would be difference as different operators may have made modifications, but the Capt I spoke with thought it was the wrong one to what he is use to seeing.

I think the correct wording should be "it is a different one" instead of "wrong one" ;)

These Twotters are like humans, not two are probably alike after all these years. I bet when you and I are together in one picture, you look wrong too. :D

• Aerosoft

I will repeat my request here, For you Finn or Mathijs, I've noticed that in the sound folder, there is no feather sounds and I would like to know if it's possible to add it in the next soundset With a proper propeler rotation feature that comes with cause it really narrows me down to hear that feather mode sounds as close as normal spinning sounds and it's really not realistic and that part. The aircraft is great, stray up awesome but still the sound isn't correct, and it's sad to see that there's not that much of a difference on those two sound or on the animation. So wan you please try to look it up and see if you can intergrate those two options in the next Update please, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love and appreciate that !

FSX does not know about feathering props and the only way to fix that would be to move the complete aircraft sounds to an external module, that is not possible in a medium priced product like this.

The cockpit You are looking at is a 1:1 rendition of the German D-IVER, which has this autopilot.

When we do projects like these we prefere to get hands on a realworld aircraft and then model the cockpit as close to that as possibe ± a few ommitions or additions.

The very same model of autopilot has also been seen mounted on the centerpart of the yoke.

There are no plans to make different VC versions.

Finn

Archived