Release: Casablanca

• Aerosoft

Time to head to North Africa, my friends. We just send Casablanca to the online shop and the first people are already flying the hot Atlantic coast around this most important city of the Kingdom of Morocco. If you fly there, do show us some screenshots here so other see what you are seeing.

Hi Mathijs,

Great to see a scenery for the African continent. May I quote "fly South and enjoy the first high level North African scenery. A continent awaits you." I hope this statement means that there are more airports for the African continent in the pipeline.

How about going to the southern tip of Africa? :D

Thanks for all the great sceneries your team is creating. A true work of art.

Regards

Eberhard

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

Great to see a scenery for the African continent. May I quote "fly South and enjoy the first high level North African scenery. A continent awaits you." I hope this statement means that there are more airports for the African continent in the pipeline.

How about going to the southern tip of Africa? :D

Thanks for all the great sceneries your team is creating. A true work of art.

Regards

Eberhard

In fact South Africa is an area I have been looking at for some time. The main reason it has not been done yet is that it is so far from every other location. Our standard customers like to fly to and from certain locations. If that location is too far from where they come from or where they fly to, they hessitate. But my idea is to do a few airports in Africa that we can link together. Casablanca being the most northern. Any suggestion for an airport south of the Sahara? It really needs to have a 'international 'name' so we can sell it.

Hi Mathjis,

that sounds great. A huge amount of toruists visit South Africa from all over the world. How about Johannesburg Intl, Windhoek Intl?

The surroundings of Johannesburg and Pretoria with numerous small airfields and the Pilanesburg National Park and Sun City and the Lost Palace, a famous place visited by Golfers worldwide.

Cape Town and surrounds has been done by a local company to great success.

Namibia is a favorite location with the Etosha Pan in the North and the Fish River canyon in the south. So is the Kruger National Park with short hops to Mozambique, and Zimbabwe - The Victoria Falls come to mind.

Further North Kenia and Tanzania with their National Parks come to mind.

The list ist endless and I am sure people will like to travel further south, either by plane or taking off in one of those locations.

I might be asking a bit much, but one can always try. :D

Regards

Eberhard

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathjis,

that sounds great. A huge amount of toruists visit South Africa from all over the world. How about Johannesburg Intl, Windhoek Intl?

The surroundings of Johannesburg and Pretoria with numerous small airfields and the Pilanesburg National Park and Sun City and the Lost Palace, a famous place visited by Golfers worldwide.

Cape Town and surrounds has been done by a local company to great success.

Namibia is a favorite location with the Etosha Pan in the North and the Fish River canyon in the south. So is the Kruger National Park with short hops to Mozambique, and Zimbabwe - The Victoria Falls come to mind.

Further North Kenia and Tanzania with their National Parks come to mind.

The list ist endless and I am sure people will like to travel further south, either by plane or taking off in one of those locations.

I might be asking a bit much, but one can always try. :D

Regards

Eberhard

Agreed on Jo'burg, the main issue is the two airports in between. The one next to Kilimanjaro is a favorite of mine.

Thanks Mathijs,

I am looking forward to Johannesburg Intl. They are currently gearing the airport up for the new arrival of the A380. One huge building site!

I suppose you do not want to remodel that. I guess development has to wait a while till that terminal has been completed, otherwise an update is in the offing.

Regards

Eberhard

Bonjour à tous,

Bravo pour la superbe scène de Casablanca.

(i try to write in english) :) :oops:

I've been working for 6 years in Morocco and i love this country.

A lot of thanks to the team for this beautiful scenery.

A question please:

Do you recommend any mesh of the Maroc for this scenery or is that not mandatory?

Thanks for your help

Chris

• Aerosoft
Bonjour à tous,

Bravo pour la superbe scène de Casablanca.

(i try to write in english) :) :oops:

I've been working for 6 years in Morocco and i love this country.

A lot of thanks to the team for this beautiful scenery.

A question please:

Do you recommend any mesh of the Maroc for this scenery or is that not mandatory?

Thanks for your help

Chris

I have not used any mesh for Marocco and I actually doubt there is any good mesh for that region (please correct me if am incorrect anybody!), but as the region around Casa is rather flat the mesh we inserted is pretty accurate.

Don't worry about your English btw, it's a lot better then my French.

Hello Mathijs,

Wel what about the holiday destinations Banjul (Gambia), Mombassa (Kenya) Sharm el Sheik, Luxor and Cairo (Egypt)

It would be nice if Aerosoft could make these airports.

Grtz, Michel

• Aerosoft
Hello Mathijs,

Wel what about the holiday destinations Banjul (Gambia), Mombassa (Kenya) Sharm el Sheik, Luxor and Cairo (Egypt)

It would be nice if Aerosoft could make these airports.

Grtz, Michel

I'll have a look at those airports. Kenia sounds good to me but it all depends a lot on how much information we can get.

Time to head to North Africa, my friends. We just send Casablanca to the online shop and the first people are already flying the hot Atlantic coast around this most important city of the Kingdom of Morocco. If you fly there, do show us some screenshots here so other see what you are seeing.

I'm not very good at making screenies, but here are a few.....

Larry

I'm not very good at making screenies, but here are a few.....

Larry

Hello Guys!

Where can i buy this Helicopter with this Repaint?

Greeting from Germany!

Timm Rehberg

What about Dakar in Senegal? You can hop from there to the Canary Islands or Casablanca.

Add Tripoli and Cairo to the mix and you've got quite a choice of flights to enjoy.

My own preference would be to focus on some of the major cities & airports in North Africa before delving too far south. In Africa:

#1 - Cairo

#2 - Algiers

#3 - Tunis

Of course it depends on what materials the designers can obtain, but Cairo, Algiers make a lot of sense because you can create a lot of the shorter haul flights (i.e. < 2.5 hrs) between say Cairo and some of the great sceneries Aerosoft and others have made for Europe. I wish I could spend time doing more long haul flights but that damn real world keeps butting in. LOL

For me, it's much more fun to fly between 2 developed scenery areas/airports rather than doing going from a developed area to a default area or vice versa (certainly making a flight between 2 default MSFS airports is completely boring). Within Europe, obviously there are lot of airports covered by good scenery designers. 1.) I paid for the scenery so I like to get use out of it and explore all the cool features as much as possible and 2.) might as well get to do that on both points of the journey.

While Jo'Burg would be cool, at least imho, I would be less inclined to buy it over others because of the lack of quality scenery packages in between South Africa and North Africa.

My 2 cents.

I agree partly with the previous post. "While Jo'Burg would be cool, at least imho, I would be less inclined to buy it over others because of the lack of quality scenery packages in between South Africa and North Africa."

This is certainly true. Unfortunately is not a joy to venture too far north, from my side of the continent. I think even more reason for quality developers like Aerosoft to do something about this. Unfortunately the world does not end in the USA and after the mediteranean.

Aersoft should be applauded for trying to do soemthing about this.

Regards

Eberhard

The world doesn't start and end with the USA??

Are you SURE about that? What kind of history are they teaching in South Africa's schools?!! :lol: hahaha ;-)

The world doesn't start and end with the USA??

Are you SURE about that? What kind of history are they teaching in South Africa's schools?!! :lol: hahaha ;-)

Yeah right, I wish Bill Gates, or the developers of FS would also realise that. At one stage it was thought that the world is flat - what a let down. But at least we simmers can explore the world, depending on the scenery available rom the comfort of our own home.

I am sure the USA is a wonderful place. I have not been there - yet?!

Might be it could happen, who knows?

Eberhard

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have a look at those airports. Kenia sounds good to me but it all depends a lot on how much information we can get.

Matthijs can you please tel me if Aerosoft is going to make those airports i mentiond

• Aerosoft

Matthijs can you please tel me if Aerosoft is going to make those airports i mentiond

No, sorry I can not. We will never announce a prokect before we are about halfway in development. But I can tell nothing has been started in these ideas at this moment/