Anyone recommend a good East German airport from aerosoft

Jess-b

Good morning guys,

I'm looking for an airport or scenery I can couple with a product I'm reviewing for the next issue of PC pilot. I'm hoping to pick up something with a nice communist feel, and with a bit of a period look. Any suggestions?

Best wishes,

Jessica Bannister-Pearce

Berlin Brandenburg airport seems to 'feature' the same nepotism East Germans experienced during the communist era - but it's not yet 'released' for FSX, (either).

Honestly, Jessica, I'm not aware of a suitable payware airport. There are freeware renditions, though ...

Thanks Fabian, that sounds great. I'll look in to them.

Oliver, I guess so. I'm looking to give the AN-2 a nice backdrop.

Danke,

Best wishes,

Jessica Bannister-Pearce

German Airports 2 Leipzig-Halle is located in former East Germany, but it doesn't really look like it. Most of the airport was built after the reunification. But that's as far as it goes for FSX when it comes to Aerosoft products. I remember for FS2004 they had more, but also in those sceneries you could already see the new construction.

Another idea would be the Polish Airports sceneries, developed by Drzewiecki Design. Poland didn't change as much as East Germany and there are lots of airports available. Or what about Aerosoft Vilnius X? Or Mega Airport Budapest, where the old terminal from the soviet-era is now in use as a low-cost terminal.

Another idea would be the Polish Airports sceneries, developed by Drzewiecki Design. Poland didn't change as much as East Germany and there are lots of airports available.

Nonsense! These are very modern airports now.

Much more modern than many western european ones since they were (and are still being) thoroughly renovated or rebuilt from scratch in recent years.

I would also recommend an airport from the Polish Airports series from Drzewiecki Design!
Check out the airport EPZG Zielona Góra/Babimost... I've been there several times in real life also and it is an almost forgotten place that still breathes the old times... It was a military airfield until 2004 and failed as a civilian airfield...

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning guys,

I'm looking for an airport or scenery I can couple with a product I'm reviewing for the next issue of PC pilot. I'm hoping to pick up something with a nice communist feel, and with a bit of a period look. Any suggestions?

Best wishes,

Jessica Bannister-Pearce

Any runway in former eastern-block countries with no wide and rapid-exit taxiways, but instead narrow and perpendicular taxiways, is a "communist" runway. Also deliberately almost parallel but not exactly parallel runways, are also a "communist" charasteristic.

Examples:

- 18R-36L of UKBB - there is an excellent payware-quality freeware scenery for that

- both runways of UNNT- there is an excellent almost-payware-quality freeware scenery for that

- 13R-31L of LHBP - there is a very good scenery from Aerosoft available

- both runways of USSS - there is a very good scenery from Aerosoft available

- EPKK, EPBY, EPLL, EPLB, EPRZ, EPSC, EPMO, EPWR, EPZG - all excellent airports from D. Design

- 08L-26R (less than the above) of EDDP - there is a very good scenery from Aerosoft available

- runway of UOOO - there is a very good scenery from Aerosoft available

- runway of UHPP - there is a scenery from Aerosoft available

- runway 04-22 of LZIB - there is a very good scenery from Taxi2Gate available

- runway of LZKZ - there is a very good scenery from Taxi2Gate available

All these are existing airport sceneries with typical "communist" runways.

Archived