'Uneven' MAP ALT setting by F/O

This may be related to the locked MAP ALT scrolling topic ('can't/won't fix'):

The 'active' F/O sets the MAP altitude during the approach which works fine if ...

1. MAP ALT is 'even' (thousands of ft) and the ALT selector is set to '1.000' as well, or

2. MAP ALT is 'uneven' (thousands and hundreds of ft) and the ALT selector is set to '100'.

The F/O MAP ALT setting does NOT work if

3. MAP ALT is 'uneven' (thousands and hundreds of ft) and the ALT selector is (still) set to '1.000'.

Any chance/plans to implement the 3rd case, as well?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Oliver,

with rev. 1.11 we will change the FCU ALT setting by the copilot as follows: The FCU ALT target value (before TO) as well as the GA altitude value will be entered by the copilot in visible steps (with sound) and also considering the 100 and 1000 switch.

I hope this covers your recommendations......

Regards,

Rolf

Perfect, this certainly doesn't need another hotfix before v1.11!

My temporary workaround is to toggle the incremental switch manually according to the landing lights (I use the landing lights C/L items as a trigger or reminder): 100's below 10k, 1.000 above 10k - should cover most takeoffs (initial ALT clearance) and landings (G/A ALT) except for a few mountainous regions ...

Visible scrolling helps with my consistency issue (hopefully :P ).

Thanks for your feedback, Hanse Rolf!

• 2 months later...

Archived