Joystick hat-switch sensitivity

Kavring83

Ok, so this really isn't a big issue, just a small annoyance.

Whenever I fly any other aircraft I have installed (like the Level D 767, Qualitywings 757, PMDG 737 and so forth) the hat-switch on my Saitek Proflight Yoke pans my camera around fast and convenient in the virtual cockpit. However, in the Airbus X the camera and pan'ing is very slow. I find it odd that this is only an issue in the Airbus. So my question is: Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the camera and hat-switch in the virtual cockpit of the Airbus X?

I have noticed this also, if you right click (away from a click spot) and select VC it seems normal. If you change view with the menu bar thingy it is not a real VC view.

Cheers

Pete

• Aerosoft

Look for the xyzRate (The desired speed of the camera in meters per second. The direction of movement is determined by the camera control keys that are pressed) and xyzAccelleratorTime (The time in seconds it will take for the camera to reach the speed set by xyzRate. A value of 0 will disable acceleration. Note that xyzAdjust must be set to True for this feature to be enabled) in the [cameradefinition.n] of the scenery. cfg. If that's not there add it. You will find suitable settings in the aircraft where you like the pan rates.

Look for the xyzRate (The desired speed of the camera in meters per second. The direction of movement is determined by the camera control keys that are pressed) and xyzAccelleratorTime (The time in seconds it will take for the camera to reach the speed set by xyzRate. A value of 0 will disable acceleration. Note that xyzAdjust must be set to True for this feature to be enabled) in the [cameradefinition.n] of the scenery. cfg. If that's not there add it. You will find suitable settings in the aircraft where you like the pan rates.

I assume you are referring to the aircraft.cfg not the scenery.cfg.

I just checked my Aircraft.cfg for the PMDG NGX and it has a record for xyzadjust =true as does the A320. The pan rate of the NGX is smoother and faster than the A320 and neither have any of the other settings Mathijs outlined and I wouldn't know where to start copying settings. I was interested in this but unless someone has already corrected this I'll leave well alone.

Archived