Descent Distance Arc

Pete491

Guys,

I'm not sure what this is called but the PMDG 737 has a feature where, once you enter a new altitude and start your descent an arc will show estimating where you will be when you reach the commanded altitude at the current rate of descent.

Very nice when the controller gives you a "Descend to xxx Level by xxx".

I'm new to the Airbus. Does it have this?

Thanks!

In real life there is something similar, commonly referred to (around here) as the hockey stick. But, as I think Wayne is suggesting, it is not implemented into the AAX. It's function is also a bit different than the Boeing arc you refer to, not to mention the look of it.

Thanks, Kyle, for the more thoughtful elaboration than my rather terse reply. Apologies.

No problem, this horse has been beaten more times than any of us care to admit ^_^

Actually the Airbus has this half circle as well. But its only displayed in selected mode.

And I would very much like to see the complete set of 'hockey sticks' AND the energy circle implemented...

Regards

Jesper

Archived