autobrake max during takeoff

cmdn

Hi,

Why when you do a rejected takeoff the max autobrake is decel during just 1 second? Normally it would be decel until you press te brake?

Regards

Not sure, what's happening at your end ... were you retracting the spoilers manually, maybe?

Or applying T/O thrust again? (Retarding the throttles by keystroke F1, but throttle axis still fully forward?)

Or overriding autobrakes by braking manually, maybe?

The DECEL light only shows that the aircraft has a certain deceleration rate, it has nothing to do with the Autobrakes being active or not. If the aircraft reaches that deceleration rate the DECEL light comes on. If you don't have that rate the light won't come on even with the autobrakes active as far as I know.

The DECEL light only shows that the aircraft has a certain deceleration rate, it has nothing to do with the Autobrakes being active or not. If the aircraft reaches that deceleration rate the DECEL light comes on. If you don't have that rate the light won't come on even with the autobrakes active as far as I know.

Okey , but why during the landing I see the decel light until I press the brake?

Are you pressing "." for manual braking?

In that case you're changing the deceleration rate from the rate the autobrake system tries to maintain. As Emanuel has stated the green A/B light extinguishes, when the brake rate is different from the target rate.

EDIT: Manual braking also disengages autobraking during rejected takeoff.

Are you pressing "." for manual braking?

In that case you're changing the deceleration rate from the rate the autobrake system tries to maintain. As Emanuel has stated the green A/B light extinguishes, when the brake rate is different from the target rate.

EDIT: Manual braking also disengages autobraking during rejected takeoff.

Actually I takeoff and about 130kts I engage the reverse , the speedbrake are deployed and I see during 2 seconds the decel green light and then there is no sign anymore ( even the blue max autobrake max) and I don't press the brake.

Actually I takeoff and about 130kts I engage the reverse , the speedbrake are deployed and I see during 2 seconds the decel green light and then there is no sign anymore ( even the blue max autobrake max) and I don't press the brake.

And during the landing I have no problem with the autobrakes it works until I press the brake!

Could you tell me if during takeoff you hav the same problem as mine?

Sorry, I see both the green and the blue light remain on until my aircraft has stopped.

Does your thrust actually goes into reverse? Or does it go to "forward" thrust again?

Any issues with veering off the runway?

Does your aircraft "bounce" on the runway? Can you hear calls from the GPWS, maybe?

Sorry, I see both the green and the blue light remain on until my aircraft has stopped.

Does your thrust actually goes into reverse? Or does it go to "forward" thrust again?

Any issues with veering off the runway?

Does your aircraft "bounce" on the runway? Can you hear calls from the GPWS, maybe?

My thrust goes to reverse ,no gpws sound and no bounce.

That's pretty strange. I don't understand why the ATBK works during the l anding and no during the rejected takeoff...

Unfortunately, in the picture, your AXE is "cold and dark" (the pic is all black).

Could you give the upload another try, pls.?

here it is , I see ABK MAX blink.... on the ECAM

regards

post-64072-0-33271300-1367177361_thumb.j

"blink" is "flash", going on and off again?

Or is it about "MAX" reappearing in blue?

"MAX" must reappear, that's the logic of losing ATBK.

I've just checked the changelogs for HF011 and v1.04, there is no brake issue mentioned. That is, even if you missed to update or if the hotfix didn't install correctly, this issue just shouldn't be there.

I'm at my wits' end now, I have to confess ...

"blink" is "flash", going on and off again?

Or is it about "MAX" reappearing in blue?

"MAX" must reappear, that's the logic of losing ATBK.

I've just checked the changelogs for HF011 and v1.04, there is no brake issue mentioned. That is, even if you missed to update or if the hotfix didn't install correctly, this issue just shouldn't be there.

I'm at my wits' end now, I have to confess ...

This is the Auto BRK MAX which is flashing on the ECAM.

Could you upload a screenshot when you do a rejected t/o with the ecam and the ABK switch?

This is the Auto BRK MAX which is flashing on the ECAM.

Could you upload a screenshot when you do a rejected t/o with the ecam and the ABK switch?

EDIT: Never mind the scenery. Probably got screwed up by my latest scenery addon ...

The ECAM ATBK item shouldn't flash. And it doesn't flash in my AXE:

Ok I tried with the normal friction model but it's still not working.

I have another thing to say during the rejected takeoff when I set the throttle position to idle the spoiler are deploy but the blue sign on the max autobrake disappear. No decel and no On sign...And when I set the throttle to full reverse thrust I see the blue ON and green decel during 2 secondes then it's disappear...

Regards

Ok I tried with the normal friction model but it's still not working.

I have another thing to say during the rejected takeoff when I set the throttle position to idle the spoiler are deploy but the blue sign on the max autobrake disappear. No decel and no On sign...And when I set the throttle to full reverse thrust I see the blue ON and green decel during 2 secondes then it's disappear...

Regards

You've confirmed already that you have v1.04 installed. The hotfix 011 changelog does not mention any brake issues fixed, but ... just to give it another try:

To find out whether your HF011 is installed correctly, you might just look up the PROG page of your (left) MCDU and check whether an OPT FL is shown similar to my screenshot here (it's not about the value but the fact that the field is filled at all):

Archived