Cannot capture glideslope on tutorial flight

peewit

OK

So I pressed the wrong button by getting left and right confused.

Having an understanding of what the selections mean must prevent this kind of error happening in real life.

Is there a guide to the functions and use of the MCDU ?

It seems that my Step by step tutorial is out of date, is Version 06-01-04 available ?

Many thanks for all the help guys.

peewit

• Then just select the first one which is the nearest availbale to your current position (LSK1L).

There's the problem, the 'nearest available' is (most of the time) the one in the first/top row, that has nothing to do with a LSK, that's the misleading part of the instruction.

OK

So I pressed the wrong button by getting left and right confused.

Having an understanding of what the selections mean must prevent this kind of error happening in real life.

Is there a guide to the functions and use of the MCDU ?

It seems that my Step by step tutorial is out of date, is Version 06-01-04 available ?

Many thanks for all the help guys.

peewit

Latest manuals should be included in the latest AXE version available from the Aerosoft FAQ/Updates database (v1.04 of the AXE).

There's a concise systems manual included, too.

Changing the tutorial to an even more consistent 'understand what you are supposed to be doeing here' would be quite a challenge at this point. The brand new tutorial videos, including features of the upcoming version 1.1, could offer some assistance instead, maybe?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/67438-step-by-step-flight-videos-now-available/

Hi

I watched the excellent youtube video series, however the RAD/NAV page did not feature.

While improving the understanding of "what we are doing here" in the tututorial is a challenge, it seems that to be in flight simming you are willing to take on challenges.

I would prefer to actually learn something from a tutorial, rather than just how to do something 'parrot fashion'. It is easy to for me to make mistakes when just following instructions, whereas a little understanding could well help prevent errors.

Hope I am being constructive.

By the way, the runway at Frankfurt is still 07L (not 07C) on my original fsx gold setup. I therefore use 07L when setting up the MCDU.

I cannot find the latest version of the step by step procedure on your site so will wait for the imminent update.

Peewit

Can't speak on behalf of Aerosoft, of course, but:

Some RW documentation might help in understanding (these are no tutorials, though!). Pls. be aware that these are sometimes outdated revisions of software versions, for example, which don't necessarily apply 100% to the AXE systems anymore. (AXE has been developed using current documentation.) But they still give an enormous insight:

http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/AIRBUS/A320.html

(EDIT: Abbreviation of link is by forum software, not mine!!!)

For EDDF Aerosoft sells a (by now outdated) version of 'MegaAirport Frankfurt' in conjunction with a patch for the new rwy 07L/25R. Since this MA EDDF is due for an overhaul, a freeware version of EDDF, including the new rwy, could be a temporary solution:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=9345528

(Registration and login required to be able to download from there.)

Yes, you ARE being constructive and so did I try myself. That tutorial stuff I'll have to leave up to AS, I'm afraid ...

Hi olli4740

Many thanks for the prompt response and useful links.

It's 8:40 on a sunny Sydney Sunday morning here. Must be late evening back in Europe, so was not expecting such a rapid response.

Peewit

I cannot find the latest version of the step by step procedure on your site so will wait for the imminent update.

Peewit

Hang out for SP 1. There are updated manuals as well heading your way.

Archived