Anchorage X placing A/C at wrong airport

zoran

Hi All

When I load up my plane at PANC (Anchorage x by Aerosoft) it always places it at lake hood strip

I type in Panc and it loads and then shows Lake hood.

that's it really :-) but annoying because I cant plan a flight sad.png

. Any ideas how to fix?

Zoran

Hi Zoran.

I dont own PANC (yet) but when i type the airport icao wherever it is i use the drop down box underneath to select which gate or runway i want my aircraft to be at.

I do that and then load my flightplan, but after that you have to click on that tab again to confirm your starting position (dont know why, must be one of those msfs things)

Dont know if ive misunderstood your problem but hope it helps.

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my Male scenery and I solve it the say Chris said above. Just select your departure gate and that will solve the problem.

The flightplan will be correct as long as you select PANC (with whatever gate you fancy).

Only in the "Fly now!" screen, due to the close neighbourhood of these places, one of the neighbouring airport names might appear. Let's call it just another "glitch" of FSX.

Again, this does not affect your flight plan: Just look up your flight plan in FSX, load it into RadarContact or open the saved flight plan file with an editor for a confirmation of this.

my problem seems to be a bit different.

When I select Panc or ted stevents I get vectored to lake hood.Even if I select a gate there

Now its happeningati PAFA as well, sends me to chena marina (which very nice by the way)

my problem seems to be a bit different.

When I select Panc or ted stevents I get vectored to lake hood.Even if I select a gate there

Now its happeningati PAFA as well, sends me to chena marina (which very nice by the way)

Is it about being vectored? That is, being in the air already and receiving ATC instructions for changing headings?

Who vectors you? FSX ATC? Addon ATC?

What does the flight plan look like, that your ATC control is based on?

If it's all about the airport name showing on the "Fly now" page, you can ignore it.

I'm getting old - start repeating myself, lol!

The flightplan will be correct as long as you select PANC (with whatever gate you fancy).

Only in the "Fly now!" screen, due to the close neighbourhood of these places, one of the neighbouring airport names might appear. Let's call it just another "glitch" of FSX.

Again, this does not affect your flight plan: Just look up your flight plan in FSX, load it into RadarContact or open the saved flight plan file with an editor for a confirmation of this.

this is what shows on my flight plan
[flightplan]
AppVersion=9.1.40901
title=PAFA Fairbanks Intl to PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage In
description=PAFA, PANC
type=IFR
routetype=2
cruising_altitude=27000
departure_id=PAFA, N64* 48.91', W147* 51.39', +000434.00
departure_position=1
destination_id=PANC, N61* 10.44', W149* 59.89', +000152.00
departure_name=Fairbanks Intl
destination_name=Ted Stevens Anchorage In
waypoint.0=, PAFA, , PAFA, A, N64* 48.91', W147* 51.39', +000434.00,
waypoint.1=PAZA, FAI, , FAI, V, N64* 48.00', W148* 0.72', +000000.00, MKNLY9
waypoint.2=PAZA, PUYVO, , PUYVO, I, N64* 3.33', W149* 19.75', +000000.00, MKNLY9
waypoint.3=PAZA, TKA, , TKA, V, N62* 17.92', W150* 6.34', +000000.00, MKNLY9
waypoint.4=PAZA, TAGER, , TAGER, I, N61* 40.38', W150* 27.62', +000000.00, J125
waypoint.5=PAZA, TED, , TED, V, N61* 10.07', W149* 57.61', +000000.00,
waypoint.6=, PANC, , PANC, A, N61* 10.44', W149* 59.89', +000152.00, TAGER6

Your flight plan looks o.k., doesn't it?

So you're good to go, Zoran: FSX displays the wrong airport name on the 'Fly now!' screen, just because those airports are so close to one another.

Just test it with PANC: There are no 'heavy' gates at Lake Hood, only at PANC, right?

So choose a 'heavy' gate/PANC at the start and look at your 'Fly now!' screen: It'll probably say 'Lake Hood'?

Now start that flight situation. I bet you'll be at one of those 'heavy' gates which can only be found at PANC, but not at Lake Hood, right?

Again: Ignore the airport name on the 'Fly now!' screen. The important thing is the airport you selected before you came back to that screen.

Ok, ok ... since you were mentioning Male, Emanuel ...:

I was talking to the OP, but if you have problems there pease open a new thread and I'll try to help you ;)

Your flight plan looks o.k., doesn't it?

So you're good to go, Zoran: FSX displays the wrong airport name on the 'Fly now!' screen, just because those airports are so close to one another.

Just test it with PANC: There are no 'heavy' gates at Lake Hood, only at PANC, right?

So choose a 'heavy' gate/PANC at the start and look at your 'Fly now!' screen: It'll probably say 'Lake Hood'?

Now start that flight situation. I bet you'll be at one of those 'heavy' gates which can only be found at PANC, but not at Lake Hood, right?

Again: Ignore the airport name on the 'Fly now!' screen. The important thing is the airport you selected before you came back to that screen.

Good job, that worked!

far more graceful than doing a 70kt taxi to the gate across 3 runways!

thanks again

ps it showed PANC in the fly now :-)

I thought I might push my luck and mention that GSX ground services still defaults to lake hood instead of PANC so I cant use it there. Any thoughts on a fix ?

yes of course I forgot about AFCADS.

I will give it a shot and have a look in the FSDT forums.

Thanks again guys and can close the topic for good if you want

Ok i'll close this one off.

If you have any other issues with an Aerosoft product you own, you know where we all are :)

Archived