Solution in case of double coastlines with AS Kamchatka

Blaunarwal

Hi

I got double coastlines after installing the update 1.1 and assume, that the installation missed to rename some files. Maybe also another process messed things up. After manually renaming the right files everything is fine now.

The files causing double coastlines in the Petropavlovsk bay are in

flightsimulator x\scenery\1101\scenery folder.

They are named

cvx90130.bgl, obx90130.bgl and brx90130.bgl. Some where renamed *.off, but cvx9013 wasn't. Changing this solved the problem.

Finding the directory is easy. In the terrain sdk is an explanation file Scenery Configuration File.html. There you find a matrix, showing how the directory names are formed.

The filenames can be found loading all cvx....bgl files with TmfViewer program, also in the terrain sdk. Zooming in the area shows the filename needed.

Hope that helps maybe someone with the same problem.

Regards

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have an important information to this problem and further solution. Just disabling cvx9013.bgl, does remove the double coastlines, but creates a sea of desert in the south, where the coast and water is missing.

nb1h.jpg

So disabling the old coast has an unwanted effect in the south of Petropavlovsk bay.

I just wonder, does nobody else have double coastlines in the Petropavlovsk bay?

I think I got a solution to the double coastlines. The Aerosoft scenery copies 11 Scenery files BRX90131.bgl to BRX90141 into
scenery\1101\scenery. I moved these files into a separate directory, I named it 1101 Kamchatka. I added this scenery one layer before Kamchatka the lost world in the scenery.cfg.
Now the result, no double coastlines, no desert sea in the north (due to the lack of cvx9013.bgl, which must remain active). I hope, this really fixes this issue permanently.

Archived