New Propose for scenery

Gryf

Hello All,

I have propose for Aerosoft staff about create new scenery, Warsaw Okecie Frederic Chopin (EPWA) . Now it's with most popular airports in the europe.

We're finishing build of new Terminal 2.

Projects of real:

http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/katalog/ter...en/projekty.php

Fotos:

http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/katalog/ter..._2006_01_19.php

Pls answer.

Thank You

Lisbon NEVER had a decent scenario, and there's so much data about it. Besides, I could arrange for ALL DATA concerning Azores islands.

Both projects are great, both would make me a happier man!!!

• Aerosoft
Hello All,

I have propose for Aerosoft staff about create new scenery, Warsaw Okecie Frederic Chopin (EPWA) . Now it's with most popular airports in the europe.

We're finishing build of new Terminal 2.

Projects of real:

http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/katalog/ter...en/projekty.php

Fotos:

http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/katalog/ter..._2006_01_19.php

Pls answer.

Thank You

Doing a project under construction is always VERY difficult. When it is done the real thing looks rather different then the plans we were working from so we are always very careful about those things.

And as always, customers buy what they know, if possible they buy their own house in FS. And although I personally love Warsaw and get there at least once a year to meet friends, the local market is very small. In general terms (and without disrespect), it is a smallish airport in European terms. The local PR staff might recon it to be one of the most popular airports in Europe, but that does not make it an item we could sell.

I'll be totally honest here. We DO see the customers to our east. We do know how many millions of people live there, we got a good idea how many of those are potential customers. Look only at Poland, a massive country, booming economy, we would be foolish not to look at those markets. But it is VERY hard to make money there for us. Lack of credit cards, piracy, slow internet, many reasons that are all making it hard. I believe there is not a single product focussed on the area between Berlin and Japan/Hong Kong that was a success. Perhaps the only one that did reasonably well was Budapest by Kozma.

I would love to reach into these markets, I am willing to invest in it. I just don't know how. I don't know how to reach the customers with credit cards, I don't know how to combat the virulent piracy there. Now please... I beg everybody, these are not comments on the countries, these are comments on doing business.

Lisbon NEVER had a decent scenario, and there's so much data about it. Besides, I could arrange for ALL DATA concerning Azores islands.

But as far as I know, Lisboa is being done by one member of the german airports team. I don´t know what is the situation of this scenery since there is no information about its status from the team. Maybe Mathijs knows something about it.

harpsi

Dear Mathijs,

I don’t have any statistics that would indicate the size of the market for payware FS add-ons in Poland and am therefore, curious on the basis of what data you base your analisys before taking a decision to develop a given scenery.

My observation is that the Polish community developed around the idea of online flying on VATSIM has been relatively strong, consisting of, I daresay, open minded people with above average income and access to modern inventions. Also, the fs dedicated shop exists (pilots.pl) to serve the Polish market. One payware VFR photoreal scenery has been developed so far.

I have no idea of exact buying power the Polish community represents, but if you have any data, I’d be happy to learn. The reason I’am asking is that I might consider taking some financial risk related to the development of such scenery if I had more data . Do you know how many copies of Warsaw Okecie scenery (Aerosoft developed, sold at 20EURO) would ensure breaking even?

Best regards,

Tomasz

Hi Mathjis

I remember you from good old times at LAGO (I bougth all Georenders there, last product I bought was FSE - you know the story), so I know you always treat your customers seriously. While I know it's extremly hard to model in FS an airport which is under construction (like Warsaw Okecie) I'd like to provide some numbers about Polish market.

Lack of credit cards, piracy, slow internet, many reasons that are all making it hard.

There are over 14.000.000 cards issued in Poland. 11% of issued cards can be used for internet payments. It's ca. 1.500.000. PayPall is available too.

To tell you the truth it's easier to pay with card in small shop in Poland than in Germany where cash is still preffered (I tried to buy a Canon flash for my camera in Regensburg recently and they insisted on cash regardless I offered choice of VISA, MasterCard or American Express).

Only one telecom operator in Poland (Telekomunikacja Polska) is providing more then 1.200.000 DSL (256kbps or more) Internet links. Add other telecoms and you will easily reach 1.500.000. At least half of this DSL's is used by home users.

Perhaps the only one that did reasonably well was Budapest by Kozma.

Don't you think it's the only product of professional quality and professionally marketed - maybe this is the reason of it's success. Only one product - only one success.

Do you know which route in European VATSIM is most popular:

EPWA-EPKK.

And second popular? Just guess... Of course - EPKK - EPWA.

The third is EGKK-EGCC with only 40% flights of the leader!

Regarding piracy as far as I know only one Polish distributor is selling about 100 FS2004 copies weekly even if FSX is around the corner and the product is not localised. I don't know if it's enough to generate enough demand for add-on product covering the main Polish airport (46% of passengers in Poland), but maybe these figures are worth to consider.

And finally - show me any other country in Europe where the number of airline passengers is grownig faster - nearly 30% growth in 2005 and estimated 15-25% growth in 2006.

So maybe when FSX will be released and construction work at EPWA will be finished you should look more closely at Warsaw.

Chiming in on this 'topic' (and having relatives in Eastern Europe since I married 31 years ago)....... the only REAL thing we (publishers and distributors) can see about the Polish (and other Eastern European) FS market, is the number of products currently being sold by ourselves to the area.

That number is very low, compared to the US and Western Europe. Since it currently constitues the basis on which to develop future products, THAT is the main problem...... WHY there are so few current customers is anybody's guess :wink:

Oh, and another indicator is the amount of freeware available FROM those countries.... again very low as compared to the US and WE :cry:

Now, we all know that Eastern Europe, India and China are growth markets, and most likely offer potential for FS add-on products too.

BUT... this is not an industry with powerful companies, but rather one of individual developers NOT being able to afford any personal financial risk.

So really it is the chicken and egg situation...... :cry: :shock:

Very few...

http://www.flightsim.cz/fsitem.php?act=sho...lan=1&sor=3

Look at the southern neighbour of Poland - Czech Republic a country with area of only 30,450 sq mi and population of 10 million:

52 airports for FS2002/2004

39 ortophoto or relief for FS2002/2004

Is this result really so bad?

Returning to Poland - we have enough VATSIM controllers here that we "decided" to export some of them. Look at all those names in Malta VACC serving ATC for Malta and Tunisia areas:

http://www.ml-vacc.org/atc.htm

OK, OK I know it's business.

But the main reasons that people from Central Europe (Russia lies in Eastern Europe) are not buying FS add-ons in large quantities are as follows:

- there are no products available for their countries,

- the prices are relatively high when compared to average incomes (you know the demand and supply curves...).

But we have credit cards here. And we have fast internet access. Some of us are even using legal software :wink:

And we have cars (and our very own traffic jams) and no longer use horse carts. And most happy guys here are even able to ride their own shiny and noisy BMW motorbikes :mrgreen:

And at the end I can tell you that there are some really great add-on products for Poland on the way. Why should we wait for westeren developers to serve our country?

Steku,

the initial question was why a 'western' publisher/developer would not make a certain 'not-so-popular' airport. THAT is what I commented on.... and Mathijs. And what we wrote is still very much valid.

Now.. when you start talking about lower wages and less available money, and eastern developers making products at lower prices, then yes.... you are right there. But that is NOT what we were asked about :wink:

Having said that, more and more eastern (or central, if that's what you prefer) developers are working for our companies. Again, business wise that could be good: they would require less so the products could be cheaper (partly). But is that the case?? :wink:

But as far as I know, Lisboa is being done by one member of the german airports team. I don´t know what is the situation of this scenery since there is no information about its status from the team. Maybe Mathijs knows something about it.

harpsi

Really? never heard this! How far as this gone? Are there any screenshots? Does this guy need any pics and references? I can happily supply anything of my hometown!!!!!

• 7 months later...