CFM Engine Upper ECAM Display - Developers pls. answer to this!

Seph69

Sorry i'ts the IAE engine wich is mainly controlled by rpr not the CFM. But the question is the same: why both version use the same display with N1 indicator and not with EPR for IAE version?

Please use the search-function in this forum. This topic was discussed several times and if you've read the features list at the product page, you will have noticed that aerosoft uses the A321 CFM flightdeck for all 5 models. You can read it here: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,6421486540,12065 It's the third point under "General"

Also take a look of this:

post-79243-0-60612300-1365495466_thumb.j

As you can see on CFM engine on upper ECAM is displayed N1,EGT,N2

while on IAE VS2500

post-79243-0-29019500-1365495578_thumb.j

is displayed EPR,EGT,N1,N2

Think is more realistic if it could be the difference for the two engines variation.

We all know that, and you're right. It will be more realistic if there is EPR indicator on a IAE, but what do you expect from a mid-range product, which only costs 40€? It's a fantastic plane, which is the first "real" Airbus for FSX. There are some little things we have to live with. Instead of searching for things, which aren't made, get into the flightdeck and have some fun with it. ;)

Please use the search-function in this forum. This topic was discussed several times and if you've read the features list at the product page, you will have noticed that aerosoft uses the A321 CFM flightdeck for all 5 models. You can read it here: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!0,6421486540,12065 It's the third point under "General"

What has to do about? I don't need to read the product page. I talk about realism of the simulator. If you told me is too much work for the developr team, ok, but I don't see what this has to do with the difference betwen two models. If you make a sim closer to reality, make it under all aspects, that why you call it "simulator" and not "game" ;)

Ok. I don't wan't to be polemic, but on the net is a sim totally free for Airbus (I don't make any names), and this guy simulate very well the difference betwen two models. And I repeat, is totally free! More reason that I have to pay 40€ that this sim simulated all the function, don't you think??? Or maybe I am wrong and don't understand why 40€ is not enough... The same old story: you pay too little, you have "something", you pay much you have all.... Mah!

You're trying to squeeze out more features from Aerosoft than Aerosoft has ever promised and/or advertised.

And they have told you already that they are not willing to do so.

So, what are you still after?!?

Nothing... just wonder why it's not simulate the reality, that's all. I've never say that aerosoft promised or advertised. It was a simple question after all. I don't see what's you're problem if I ask? I don't ask you nothing, I was talking with some developer. Heve you develop the AEX? If not try not to be rude, or make me pass like a stupid that I pretend this or that. I was only asking, and not from you boy...

You call this "a simple question after all"? You asked this question after you'd been told the answer already:

(...) More reason that I have to pay 40€ that this sim simulated all the function, don't you think??? (...)

And you haven't talked to a single developer in this thread. At least no one of them has answered ...

@Seph69, which freeware Airbus are you talking about? Do you know that the EPR indication on the freeware Airbus is accurate ?

The reason I ask is that the FSX default EPR calculation is totally wrong and has nothing to do with reality.

This has been discussed many, many times. A lot of time and work is needed to make this happen. FSX is terrible by default in correctly simulating EPR, so a lot of custom work must go in to make it accurate. It takes time, and time takes money. To keep the product in the mid price range, you have to be picky about what goes in and what does not. For this, more overall features were chosen for now. As you know, or should know if you read around the forums, is that there will be development on an A318/319. This will open up the opportunity to tie up some other loose ends and possibly add new features. This may or may not be one of them. It will be up to management and the developers, and if it can be done to a level acceptable to release.

@Seph69, which freeware Airbus are you talking about? Do you know that the EPR indication on the freeware Airbus is accurate ?

The reason I ask is that the FSX default EPR calculation is totally wrong and has nothing to do with reality.

Project Airbus 320 you can find it at Avsim

This has been discussed many, many times. A lot of time and work is needed to make this happen. FSX is terrible by default in correctly simulating EPR, so a lot of custom work must go in to make it accurate. It takes time, and time takes money. To keep the product in the mid price range, you have to be picky about what goes in and what does not. For this, more overall features were chosen for now. As you know, or should know if you read around the forums, is that there will be development on an A318/319. This will open up the opportunity to tie up some other loose ends and possibly add new features. This may or may not be one of them. It will be up to management and the developers, and if it can be done to a level acceptable to release.

Ok, I was just asking. With this doesn't mean that I don't like AEX. But if something could be improved, i have the right to make notice. We discuss that's all. I didn't know this was a "mid-range product", I thought it was the "top" :)

Ok, I was just asking. With this doesn't mean that I don't like AEX. But if something could be improved, i have the right to make notice. We discuss that's all. I didn't know this was a "mid-range product", I thought it was the "top" :)

"mid-range" was mentioned in post #5 already:

We all know that, and you're right. It will be more realistic if there is EPR indicator on a IAE, but what do you expect from a mid-range product, which only costs 40€? It's a fantastic plane, which is the first "real" Airbus for FSX. There are some little things we have to live with. Instead of searching for things, which aren't made, get into the flightdeck and have some fun with it. ;)

... just before you posted your #7:

Ok. I don't wan't to be polemic, but on the net is a sim totally free for Airbus (I don't make any names), and this guy simulate very well the difference betwen two models. And I repeat, is totally free! More reason that I have to pay 40€ that this sim simulated all the function, don't you think??? Or maybe I am wrong and don't understand why 40€ is not enough... The same old story: you pay too little, you have "something", you pay much you have all.... Mah!

You see, why I posted the way I did?

Project Airbus 320 you can find it at Avsim

Again, can you confirm that the EPR indication on the Project Airbus A320 is realistic ?

Again, can you confirm that the EPR indication on the Project Airbus A320 is realistic ?

I'm not a real pilot or aeronautical engineer, so what corespond to reality in fsx i can not tell you, I was only mentioned that PA 320 is free, that's all.

Well, it doesn't make any sense to include a wrong or inaccurate EPR gauge if you can't fly the A320 with RW power settings IMO.

Well, it doesn't make any sense to include a wrong or inaccurate EPR gauge if you can't fly the A320 with RW power settings IMO.

Which is exactly the problem they'll face with implementing it. If a workaround can be done in a timely fashion, and the numbers are close, then it will be done. Just have to wait and see though.

Archived