Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Resolving Various Issues in the Airbus x Extended - Default Flights Can be the Cause

rjord

I am just shy of completing 110 flights however for the last 2 days I have been trying to resolve an issue taking off from Perth heading for Bali International (Denpasar) . Everything is fine when taking off and I head for the altitude restrictions of 2500 feet and then 6000 feet.

However , before reaching 6000 feet I was watching the red bar in the speed tape creeping up until I started getting over-speed issues. This was happening for the last 4 or 5 attempts taking off from this airport and no matter what I did I was getting over-speed problems and eventually other issues such as not been able to climb to the cruising level without the airbus pitching up and down a few times...... one time actually dropping like a stone and scaring all 112 passengers on board. The boss will yell at me for that one.

Now what confuses me was that I had taken off from this airport before and had no problems until I reached Bali and had an issue with the ILS being offset.... which I fixed. So why was I having a problem now each time I was flying that same route.

Well this turned out not to be an issue with the Airbus at all.

I decided to make a note of the gate I was at and created a new flight .... same airbus livery...same departuire date and time....same weather.... and then saved it as the default flight. I then restarted Prepar3d which then loaded the default flight going to Bali.

Took off and no issues at all with overspeed.

I know the default flight in fsx and prepar3d sometimes gets corrupted..... so if you have issues do try creating a brand new flight instead of using your default flight...and then save the new flight as your default flight.

Roy

Some symptoms I saw that disappeared when I created a new default flight in Prepar3d.

- overspeed issue while climbing which persisted no matter what action I took.... now fixed

- by default my airbus starts in cold and dark state. Recently I noticed it would not always start in cold and dark and had to reset the flight. Now fixed.

- I would put in a vertical speed of +1800. The airbus ignored it and climbed at a vertical speed of almost +3000.... or -3000. Now fixed

- I specified an altitude to climb to of 20,000 feet. The airbus ignored this and climbed to 30,000 with high vertical speed. Now fixed.

- I changed the cruise level from FL360 to FL300. This was ignored by the PFD which continued to show FL360. Now fixed.

If you get any issues with the airbus which suddenly happen, try creating a new flight. All the above only started happening on friday night and all of them were resolved by deleting the default flight in fsx ( prepar3d in my case ) and creating a new flight.

Roy

A screenshot will be of a great value here. Are you sure you have checked all your systems that the configuration of the aircraft is correct?

Hi

Yes everything was configured correct........ just completed a 3 and a half hour flight and not had any issues that I had before in last 4 flights. Just wanted to suggest that if people have issues that can't be explained to try creating a new flight and not load an existing one. Worked for me. Don't ask me why.

At the end of each flight I save the flight and then load it for the next flight. Perhaps something happened when it was saving the flight. Perhaps it is a Prepar3d thing. No idea.

Roy

Archived