Problem with DirectSound

Saltydalty

Hi! I just bought Aerosoft Airbus X Extended and so excited to fly it. When I opened up the aircraft, I got an error message in the picture I attached below.

I tried all the following list and still hasn't fix it. Can anybody help me? I am so dying to fly Airbus!

1. Update Sound card driver

2. Reinstall the sound card

3. Reinstall DirectX

4. Reinstall FSX.

Still got an error message. My operating system is Window 7 64 bits.

post-79315-0-58769100-1364321984_thumb.j

Hi,

Does this error message always show that same .wav file as the error? Also, have you tried uninstalling and the reinstalling the AXE as administrator?

Hi,

Does this error message always show that same .wav file as the error? Also, have you tried uninstalling and the reinstalling the AXE as administrator?

Yes, keeping get error every time I opened AXE Aircraft. Recently, I unstalled and reinstalled the AXE and Sound Enhancement but still get same error. Is this error related with DirectX or sound card? I did some research although.

Yes, keeping get error every time I opened AXE Aircraft. Recently, I unstalled and reinstalled the AXE and Sound Enhancement but still get same error. Is this error related with DirectX or sound card? I did some research although.

I've never seen an error like that so I'm not entirely sure. For now, if it is always that same file, replace that one with this one in case something happened to it during installation. Place this in your main FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Sound_ASC folder.

PARKING_BRAKES.wav

I've never seen an error like that so I'm not entirely sure. For now, if it is always that same file, replace that one with this one in case something happened to it during installation. Place this in your main FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base/Sound_ASC folder.

attachicon.gifPARKING_BRAKES.wav

Great! It is working but unforunately, I got another error..... it says "Error Initializing DirectSound!" then FSX crashed after I clicked "OK" button in the error message box.

post-79315-0-61724000-1364349811.jpg

Great! It is working but unforunately, I got another error..... it says "Error Initializing DirectSound!" then FSX crashed after I clicked "OK" button in the error message box.

Hmm, do you have the AXE installed in a regular path? Have you installed it somewhere like on an HDD while FSX is on a SSD? Also, I know you said you did, but make sure that you updated any sound/audio drivers you have, RealTek, Nvidia, etc. My last suggestion is go to the FSX Settings Sound page. On there, check what you have under Windows Sound Devices. There should be some options there. Try selecting the <Default Primary Device>, then try the others. Might help.

Archived