Speed not reducing after activating approach phase

MWH

After activating approach phase the speed does not seem to drop down to vapp as it does in the wilco version. On one occasion it has dropped to flaps 1 position. I presume the approach can be flown in managed or do I have to select the speeds manually in the extended x version?

I'm not sure what the Wilco does, but on our Airbus it is correct. Activating approach phase will only reduce the speed to the next flap position. As soon as you extend the flaps the speed will be reduced to the next position and so on... This is how the real Airbus works and how our Airbus works.

Hi Emi. When I'm doing an ILS i do flaps 1 then when i capture glide slope the plane descends and the nose is dropped down and it increases speed rapidly. I have to turn off auto throttle and put throttle to idle and nothing happens. So im landing really fast.

AFAIK AXE presently incorrectly uses conf 1+F instead of conf 1 but this problem is being corrected in the next SP :) This is partially the reason for your problem.

Another problem is that IRL you NEED to capture the glideslope with conf 2. With config 1 and approach idle speed will increase in the glideslope.

DON'T turn off A/THR if this happens, just use the speedbrakes and if this isn't enough, drop the gear. That's they way you do it IRL. You can keep the speedbrakes extended even with conf 3 if necessary.

Archived