Easy taxiing anyone?

Speedbird7

We all know just how much power we need to get the AXE to start moving for taxi - at least 40% N1. Well, now there's some help.

Apparently FSX does not give much help in moving aircraft slowly but a single file from the Lua Plugins Package will!

You first need the latest version of FSUIPC 4.853 - either registered or free.

Then copy the single file (DynamicFriction.lua) into your modules folder. FSUIPC4 will detect it and put this entry into the FSUIPC.INI file:

[Auto]

1=Lua DynamicFriction

For me, at least, the result is amazing. On releasing the parking brake with engines running, the AXE starts moving off at idle throttle! The aircraft taxies and steers much more easily and generally handles much better on the ground. However, I do find that if you use normal brakes to stop the aircraft you will need almost 40% N1 to get moving again. I don't know why this would be but applying and releasing the parking brakes again will once again get the aircraft moving at idle.

I apologise for not providing a link for the Lua files but it's very tricky to do so on my iPad as I'm typing into a tiny box! :-)

Download and install the latest version of fsuipc from pete dowsons page. Then go to you fsx modules folder where you will see a folder called fsuipc documents. In there is a cab folder called Example lua plugins. Copy this to your desktop and unzip it. In the unzipped folder you will find the dynamicfriction.lua. copy this file to your modules folder start fsx and accept the new module. Bing bash bosh, done. It certainly makes a huge difference

Good evening......can you tell me - if I have the sim1.dll file in my main FSX directory, do I need this lua script as well. I believe my sim1.dll file is the "edited" one - if I understand correctly (to fix the "friction problem"). It seems to work - when I release the parking brake, the plane moves forward slowly.

Thank you.

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

I have installed the patch found on the link in my previous post and ground friction is much more realistic now. Once I release the PB the plane starts to move, a little thrust is sufficient at first and then idle to stay at ~20kts.

Hi

Doing the fsuipc way it didnt work. Copying the dynamic friction back into the modules folder it (after unzipped the lua plugins to desktop) fsuipc would detect it and put it to its correct folder. Never did for me. Also the other way which is andrews way that never worked. Those 2 ddl i thinked work but doing the tire friction it didnt. It said nothing patched error. Someone please help.

So i copied dynamic friction into modules again and there was an improvement. 35%- 38% to get the plane moving. Is that fast? The dynamic friction folder didn't move to the fsuipc folder in modules. But it seems to work fine with the other aircrafts but not AXE. Its really weird because i just put the parking brake on the release it the plane starts moving. Sometimes it doesn't move.

Hi

Have you tried it when the plane is completely empty to see if it moves off without any throttle? Just unload the payload and fuel (leaving just a few hundred litres) and then try. Then fill the plane up to its MTOW and try again. I find that a full plane is harder to get moving.

Andrew

Hi

Yes i did with no people etc. And i put parking brake then release the plane started to roll and then slows down and when it slows down i put 34%-38% of N1 and the plane moves a bit.

Anthony

Anthony

On my AXE the same happens although if I increase thrust to about 32-35% it gets moving and will keep increasing unless I reduce to idle. You need to maintain momentum during turns and will need to increase thrust to about 35-40%, especially in tighter turns.

Andrew

Archived