Copilot on/off hotspot?

IGrant

Just an idea for a future update perhaps? I would really like to have a small hotspot somewhere on the main panel to toggle the copilot on and off. I as I am sure many do, like to use the copilot for busy flight phases but also like to have it off at certain times when I want to delay certain procedures or keep speed up. I find myself toggling it on and off a few times per flight. A small click spot somewhere on the main panel view would be really helpful along with maybe a temporary message on the FMA indicating the copilot state.

I just find it hard to switch views and jump through MCDU menus to get to the copilot option on the right MCDU quickly, especially in busy flight phases. The find that the right MCDU is implemented very well and a great feature on the AXE but because the copilot can cause some unexpected issues if your flight isn't going completely standard, a quicker way to turn the feature on or off would be incredibly useful.

Thanks!

Wow, how did I miss that? I saw that the numbers were used for starting and advancing the checklist but I didn't know that it did the copilot too! Thanks much!

Archived