Web Interface not working (v1.03)

IGrant

I am having trouble with the web interface. It has never worked for me on a remote device with any version of the Airbus. If I go to the address in my web browser on my PC, it works but it just times out on the Kindle Fire and my HTC (Android) phone. I don't know much of anything about the Kindle, it is my girlfriend's and she just got it. It is the first tablet for either of us, it is totally default out of the box. I would love to get it working.

Thanks,

Ian

I'm sorry Shaun, I am not sure I understand. I don't see a link besides the one in your signature for email support, unless that is the one you speak of. Do you want me to fill out an email support request?

Reading through the thread, I do have AirbusConnect up and running and I am using the ip and port specified on the little connect screen. I have also verified after loading up the plane that AirbusConnect is green instead of red indicating that it is working. I will try changing the port as mentioned in that thread, however, and report back.

Ok, I changed the port to 80 as suggested in the other thread and confirmed that on the AirbusConnect screen at start up. Curiously, as soon as I type :80 into the Kindle, the :80 disappears! If I delete the '0' the :8 reappears in the address bar. In fact, any number I enter after the colon seems to be fine but if I use :80 it just goes to the IP address as XXX.XXX.X.X with out the port. My phone on the other hand will go to :80 but doesn't load anything, just a blank screen.

After much work, I got Google Chrome installed on the Kindle but still no luck. Server time out still. That rules out the browser being the problem.

Got it to work, once. Firewall seems to be interfering. It inexplicably stopped working again after I tried to do a real flight. Oh well... I feel as though I am talking to myself here anyway.

I got it working. Very peculiar really- Disabling the firewall worked briefly once and never again. I made a specific exception for the program and the port and it has worked every time since with out disabling the firewall. It doesn't make sense to me but I suppose you can add this solution to the list of possibilities for others that are having problems. Maybe it is just something odd specific to ESET.

Archived