Flaps 1 or 1+F during approach...

Pere Duran

Per real world official manuals, it should like this:

Flap lever position 1 before takeoff (below 100 knots) - S18°/F10° (ECAM indication: 1+F [F meaning Flaps])

Flap lever position 1 inflight (above 100 knots) - S18°/F0° (ECAM indication: 1 [no F because no Flaps])

Flap lever position 2 - S22°/F15° (ECAM indication: 2)

Flap lever position 3 - S22°/F30°(ECAM indication: 3)

Flap lever position 4 - S27°/F40°(ECAM indication: FULL)

(Similar but unrelated, if you takeoff or go around with flaps 2 or 3 and then move the flap selector to 1, you will get both slats and flaps and the ECAM indication will be 1+F (S18°/F10°) provided your speed is below 210 knots.

If you do that with speed above 210 knots, you will only get slats and the ECAM indication will be 1 (S18°/F0°).

Aerosoft's ECAM indications are correct in all cases, I've just checked it.

However F/S deployment isn't.

In approach, when you move flaps lever to position 1, AXE will indicate 1 on ECAM (correct) but both slats and flaps will extend (not correct).

In approach, flaps should deploy only when you move flap lever selector to position 2, then flaps should extend to 15°.

Developers, beta testers, it's all in FCOM :)

If this is already being researched then excuse me, I didn't read it elsewhere.

This is all well known already, and was known and brought up well before release. The ECAM will show the correct indications, it has for the past 4 months since we brought it up internally. However, if you look at the wingview or spot view you'll notice the actual flaps stay extended even when indicating 1 and not 1+F inside on the ECAM. This would take a modelling and FDE tweak, and that will take time. So, it is on the list and has been, but isn't on the highest of priorities right now. That said, it may come some day in a hotfix, but we just have to wait and see.

Aerosoft,

Stop not wanting to confirm that Flaps 1 is more correct than 1+F for an approach.

I put more correct due to the lack of acceptance from Aerosoft.

Use the search function. You would have found that its been confirmed in more than one thread.

Use the search function. You would have found that its been confirmed in more than one thread.

I did, and i awknoledge its exsitence. But once again, i wanted to make aware of this problem. No harm intended!

Archived