Keys 1 and 2: Starting Checklists

Max Reverse

Hi,

i have a problem with starting the Checklist at the beginning. I usely push the key No. 1 and it starts. But thince 2 days, this key stopped working and I dont know why?

I have 1.03b with all hotfixes, eccept the minor Fuel issue. I use FSFlightkeeper, Radar Contact and installed OPUS as weather engine. All standard keys in the FSX configuration are deleted, maybe thats the reason? Is there any special occupancy needed for button No.1? Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Werner,

the only reason I see why maybe 1 or 2 in connection with the checklist and copilot functionality are not working anymore on your system might be that the hotkey option in the right MCDU - OPTIONS - CHECKLISTS - HOTKEYS is set to OFF. If you want to use 1 and 2 to start checklists then it is necessary to set this option to ON.

We created this option because other users complained about it as they are using 1 and 2 in connection with other FSX add-ons.

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Max,

after reading your information the only way I can think of is that this has something to do with your remark: All standard keys in the FSX configuration are deleted. Normally 1 and 2 are used by FSX for doors and we did not disable this functionality. So depending on the state of the checklist procedure sometimes the keys 1 and 2 are used for the checklist functionality and sometimes for FSX...... So please try to assign 1 and 2 again for the FSX functionality and try again......

Hanse

Bingo,

key 1 and 2 in standard assign stands for "Select 1" and "Select 2". I assigned both to this default configuration - and it worked. Maybe i have cancelled other functions also, nobody is checking my TCAS and GPWS during the checklist flow :(

Hanse, do you know, which other FSX Standard keys AXE is using?

And of course Thank YOU!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Werner,

I am happy that the problem could be solved so easily but only because you clearly described the problem and what is different on your system. This make support easy. Mainly we have the problem that people change something and forget it (either completely or to mention it).

Sorry we are a team of developers and everybody is responsible for a certain part of the AXE (Vol1-InFSX: look into the credit list and you can find more details on the team). A lot of functionality is FSX standard and others are completely rewritten. I do not know and I think nobody knows everything or is able to establish such a list.....

Hanse

Archived