Hard Snap on a turn

Neu379

Good evening,

Tonight I started a flight from KDEN to KSEA. After takeoff, I set the A/P when I was slightly offset of the track (5 degrees maybe) when I engaged the autopilot, the plane made a violent snap bank to the left then smoothly made the transition to the route. I have never seen this on the previous versions. Anyone else notice this?

Brian A. Neuman

Hi Brian,

I take it you were pretty far off of the FD when you engaged the autopilot. Are your FPS averaging around 18 and did you have any stuttering when you engaged the AP?

Hi Brian,

I take it you were pretty far off of the FD when you engaged the autopilot. Are your FPS averaging around 18 and did you have any stuttering when you engaged the AP?

Actually I wasnt, I was maybe 1 mile at most, and my FPS are actually 40+

Brian

Actually I wasnt, I was maybe 1 mile at most, and my FPS are actually 40+

Brian

Okay, I've asked about it and hopefully one of the devs can come along and help further.

This also happened to me yesterday with Hotfix 2.

Took off at LSGG, engaged AP at about 3000. I was very close to the magenta line. The bus took a real snap to the right, a very steep turn that started with a yank in order to catch the line. After that it was smooth. FPS in the hight 30s.

Chris

I have been having the exact same issue that did not exist before. Only started experiencing the fast snaps with the newest version. I turned onto the path and clicked AP1 when it quickly snapped to the heading instead of making a smooth transition.

I have what I think is probably the same issue.... It happens at almost every managed, directional or altitude change.. If running in HDG mode and I change course by 5 or 105 degrees, then the speed of change and 'flick' of the aircraft is, IMO completely wrong and unrealistic. If a real airliner moved like that during cruise, there'd be a lot of spilt drinks and vomit bags in use.

Does 'Open Issue' in the header mean there is a problem and it's being looked into?

Open Issue pretty much draws attention to other support staff/developers to come in and look into the issue as well, and add anything if they can. Joshua ended up taking a look into this and addressed it in Hotfix 003. If you haven't given it a shot yet, please do, as it has helped smooth things out.

Do I have to do the whole installer again for 1.03b?

If you are using 1.02 currently and want to apply 1.03b, then it is recommended to uninstall and reinstall. But, if you run into issues with uninstall, I'll loosely quote Mathijs by saying I'm 99% sure you can install on top of 1.02 and it should be ok.

If you wish to uninstall, and you run into an uninstaller issue, try this uninstaller: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/61916-uninstall-exe/#entry438993

Archived