Aileron Deflection

ant0215

I am using FSUIPC for my controls, with saiteck yoke and rudders. For some reason I cant get the ailerons to travel all the way in either direction when going through the controls checklist. They are just short of full travel. Thanks for the help.

Anthony

I had the same issue, also with Saitek. I tried calibrating but without success... The problem was in deadzones.

Try going to Control Panel > Devices and printers and then right click on the controller and select Game controller settings.

A window will open. Select your controller and click Properties. Lastly, select the Deadzones tab.

Check that all red lines are exactly centered. If not, use the sliders to set a new active zone, so when you click the Test tab, the black cross in the axis box will be centered.

If the red line (in Deadzones tab) doesn't go all the way to the left (when you deflect your controller fully to the left), right click on the white area where the red lines are and uncheck Link Deadzones.

After that, use the sliders and move them to the point where the red line stops when you fully deflect your controller.

That way, you will define a work area of your controller so when you fully deflect it to the left, computer will interpret it as fully deflected.

After tweaking, check everything in the Test tab - the cross in axis box should be centered, and travel all the way to the edge when you fully deflect the controller (in either direction).

Saitek controllers are known for durability but also for glitches like this one.

Oh and I read somewhere that hitting it might fix the problem. So I tried and it worked, all axis lines were centered after that (not recommending it though!) :)

Archived