Entering ALT constraints in the MCDU

WilliamJSS

Can someone please either point me to the correct area in the manual, or tell me how to enter:

At or Below ALT constraint

At or Above ALT constraint

I know how to do it in a Boeing FMC, but if my memory serves me correct, and I am sorry I can't test again now as I am at work....It didn't work in the airbus.

Thanks a million to anyone who can reply. Planning my first European flight for tonight!

Hi William,

After clicking the RSK next to the waypoint you want to change the constraint, you will see the constraint option on the right side;

Type '+' before the altitude like " +2000 " for at or above

Type '-' before the altitude like " -5000 " for at or below

And how do you program bracketed restraints?

Bracketed constraints cannot be added by the crew. This is exactly the same as in the Boeing's CDU. A bracketed constraint must be part of the nav database, if it isn't then the Pilot will have to do some work and harden up the speed/alt he wants as an AT constraint.

thanks for this post helped me out alot with figuring out how to add these constraints however for some reason it does not recognize these constraints when decending, seems to only recognize them if they are preprogrammed in the arrival star. any ideas if this is still a known issue.

And how do you program bracketed restraints?

What do you mean bracketed?

With both above and below restrictions?

If it is, then:

This is exactly the same as in the Boeing's CDU. A bracketed constraint must be part of the nav database, if it isn't then the Pilot will have to do some work and harden up the speed/alt he wants as an AT constraint.

Mr. Chaders, I think I remember being able to put bracketed altitude restraints in the NGX (eg /6000A 10000B).

(Yes, I think the 747-400X does not accept them, but I think the NGX does).

Archived