CLB question

flaixfm

post-71429-0-41045400-1357134164_thumb.pHi all,

After taking off i am setting the throttle to CLB ... business as usual .... but with airbus x extended the mode TOGA LK becomes actual ... as you can see i am having a pitch of 3600 feets per minute ...

you can see the throttle is on CLB. any tips why this happens?

Hi Simon,

I see from your first screenshot that you are in TOGA lock, which is indicated on your PFD FMA. That means at some point you hit the lower end of the protections.

What was your aimed climb speed?

How slow were you when you retracted flaps....

I have had Her get pretty angry at me and this happen before when I was quick to jump the gun on retracting flaps and going to slow for Her to like it....

At some stage the Alpha Floor was reached, this results in the TOGA LK - it doesn't seem to change once your speed has normalised though - to clear it, pull the Autothrottle button and then push it again. I find that if I keep the throttle in FLEX mode beyond the LWR CLB message, not for too long, but you will get the hang of it - I think this may need to be addressed in a service pack though.

Archived