T/D still a problem

tomcjones

Gentlemen

Version1.01 of the Extended Version

With the above version installed on a flight at FL310 I the T/D was approx 65 miles away. I set the altitude at 4000 feet and started the managed descent at the T/D marker. When the GS bug appeared it was at the very bottom of the display and my altitude at that point was approx 10000 feet. As I got closer to the airport I was much too high for a managed landing. The bottom line is the T/D marker is much to close to the airport for a managed descent.

Version1.02 of the Extended version

Nice try on fixing the T/D. This time on the same flight as above I started the managed descent from

FL310 down to 4000 feet. When I reached 4000 feet I was 65 miles from the destination airport. Now Version 1,02 puts the T/D much too far from the airport.

If necessary I can provide screen shots for the flight with Version 1.02

Why can't Aerosoft get this right. This is a sinificant problem.

Version1.02 of the Extended version

Nice try on fixing the T/D. This time on the same flight as above I started the managed descent from

FL310 down to 4000 feet. When I reached 4000 feet I was 65 miles from the destination airport. Now Version 1,02 puts the T/D much too far from the airport.

If necessary I can provide screen shots for the flight with Version 1.02

Why can't Aerosoft get this right. This is a sinificant problem.

Thank you for the report, we're continuing work on this issue.

Why we didn't get it right yet? Because it is a really difficould one. This code is very complex and testing takes very long. Also many factors come into account there like winds. If you have even a little wind everything changes again and also testing takes very long (due to the fact that you can only test it once a flight!) making it a long development cycle. As the Wind Forecast page isn't modeled yet you'll not get down on time with wind. This is not very nice I know and we feel very sorry for it, but at the moment we can only promise to continue improving this until it works.

I also still have problems mit ToD. It's really a very significant problem. Airbus-Fun-Feeling live and dies with a correct managed descent. All other things in an patch update are not so interesting for me. I only look for the lines "Improvements in ToD calculation" etc..

I'm really curious as to what some customers are doing on mcdu setup. I'm performing a test right now on from KLAS-KLAX and my T/D was calculated and it descending on the profile arrival (RIIVR2 arrival with little or no assistance from me (spoilers). Like before, after the hotfix 1 and after v1.02/1.02B and the file, everything is working fine. Again I'm just wondering, I hate that some aren't enjoying the AXE as I am.

ROMAN78

Archived