EGT Drop Down BUG

Diegoamd

This is a very low priority bug, but, it seems to be a wrong thing.

When you switch off both engines, n1% drop down as EGT.

But EGT drop down too fast. After n1% approaching to 0.1% few seconds later the EGT drop down below 0!

I don't know but i think it's very strange. I think the temperature sensor, responding to the EGT value, can read the temperature of the air around it after engine stop. So it should read the temperature that the engine metal had captured, and release into the air in the exaust duct of the engine, where the sensor is.

So i'm expect a slow drop of temperature after engines stop.

Following screenshots show what I said before.

Also the cabin temperature drop down very fast after engines stopping.

In the last images you can see the external temperature is 2°C. A couple of minutes after Engines were off the cabin temperature drop very fast to 0° (with all doors opened). It's almost impossible that internal temperature drop below external temperature...

I know it's a very low priority bug, but it will be very kind if someone fix this bug and the EGT value bug.

I hope to help with my debug.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very low priority bug, but, it seems to be a wrong thing.

When you switch off both engines, n1% drop down as EGT.

But EGT drop down too fast. After n1% approaching to 0.1% few seconds later the EGT drop down below 0!

I don't know but i think it's very strange. I think the temperature sensor, responding to the EGT value, can read the temperature of the air around it after engine stop. So it should read the temperature that the engine metal had captured, and release into the air in the exaust duct of the engine, where the sensor is.

So i'm expect a slow drop of temperature after engines stop.

Following screenshots show what I said before.

Also the cabin temperature drop down very fast after engines stopping.

In the last images you can see the external temperature is 2°C. A couple of minutes after Engines were off the cabin temperature drop very fast to 0° (with all doors opened). It's almost impossible that internal temperature drop below external temperature...

I know it's a very low priority bug, but it will be very kind if someone fix this bug and the EGT value bug.

I hope to help with my debug.

Any news?

Hi,

the engine temperature is simulated by FSX. Its a FSX limitation that can be overcomed (Recoding the whole Engine Dynamics oustide FSX) but requires too much time and too much effort.

So, sorry, no this will not be fixed.

Hi,

the engine temperature is simulated by FSX. Its a FSX limitation that can be overcomed (Recoding the whole Engine Dynamics oustide FSX) but requires too much time and too much effort.

So, sorry, no this will not be fixed.

Ok. understand.

And if you write a "custom" (not taken from FSX environment) value of EGT when Engines are switched off?

When Engines are switched off, you could read the outside temperature, and in the display you can ignore the value of EGT generated from FSX and write a "real" value of EGT in the display.

Example:

IF (Engine 1 and Engine 2 = off)

Then 

read last EGT VALUE from FSX /*For example 550°*/

CURRENTEGT=CURRENTEGT-300°  /*Natural dropdown when engine is switched off. You can also use the FSX default for the first 10-20 seconds after swith off the engines*/

do (CURRENTEGT=OUTTEMP or N1=0) /*Exit when EGT temperature = OUTEMP or When N1 is 0 (Changing the display with setting xxx to all values as it is now)

CURRENTEGT=CURRENTEGT-1

SLEEP (1) /*drop 1° every second*/

Refresf Display with current EGT

I know it's more complex, but with some airbus specifications about EGT drop down I think it could be possible and add some realism to this beautiful product.

Archived