IDLE message

cgentil

• Aerosoft

The idle message about engines is to be displayed in green and the message flashes sometimes, white isn't real, at least I never saw IDLE message in white.

Are you talking about the first generation A320 or the later versions with LCD's? As far as we know we got this as it should be. At least at was like that in the aircraft we did the images on. It could very well be something that changed with versions or even a user configurable setting.

Are you talking about the first generation A320 or the later versions with LCD's? As far as we know we got this as it should be. At least at was like that in the aircraft we did the images on. It could very well be something that changed with versions or even a user configurable setting.

About IDLE in green I'm talking about new generation, all Airbus I flied in the cockpit (old and new generation), A320, A330, have IDLE message in green.

And at my last trip when I back to Portugal I flied in new generation Airbus and I saw the IDLE message flashing.

EDIT: Captain's of A330 (new generation model), said me when the IDLE is flashing (during 3 or 5 sec.) it's to signal the engines will go into IDLE parameters, after 5 sec. the message will get fixed.

EDIT2: A330 with GE engines.

I just spoke with a real pilot of Airbus, and he said the IDLE message is always flashing, at A318/A319/A320/A321 with CFM engines, he said with other engine model haven't idea, but CFM is always flashing, and this message is absolutely in green.

I've checked and in Airbus X Extended the IDLE flashes, and disappear, in real, flashes, but not disappears, the message remains on display in UPPER ecam flashing (when the engines are in IDLE parameters).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You realize this is not the same Airbus cockpit as we do?

This is of real cockpit.

At old or new cockpit the idle message is always green. At Aerosoft bus is white.

Archived