MCDU Not displaying anything

BlueHazard

Hey, I've already got a pretty crucial problem.

I just purchased the Airbus X Extended and installed it.

After that, I loaded the aircraft and then I looked for the option to set the aircraft to Cold & Dark state. The instructions said, that these could be found on the MCDU 2 menu.

I was looking everywhere until I figured that it might be the right MCDU so I pushed the LSK1 and suddenly the aircraft went to Cold & Dark state, like described in the documentation.

The only problem is, the right MCDU display doesn't show anything and it never did... the brightness buttons don't help either. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: By pushing random LSKs I got some options but all are without descriptive text so I don't really know what they do. I don't think this is normal. I uploaded screenshots for you to see what I mean.

Edit: Problem solved. Fonts were somehow not configured correctly and had to be removed manually, so that after reinstalling, the fonts could be installed correctly.

post-73808-0-84602800-1355946672.png

post-73808-0-28759400-1355946711.png

Hi. Once in Cold & Dark state you need to push the 2 Battery buttons on the overhead panel, this will then provide power to the MCDU's and you'll be able to turn the brightness up on the displays.

Hey, I've already got a pretty crucial problem.

I just purchased the Airbus X Extended and installed it.

After that, I loaded the aircraft and then I looked for the option to set the aircraft to Cold & Dark state. The instructions said, that these could be found on the MCDU 2 menu.

I was looking everywhere until I figured that it might be the right MCDU so I pushed the LSK1 and suddenly the aircraft went to Cold & Dark state, like described in the documentation.

The only problem is, the right MCDU display doesn't show anything and it never did... the brightness buttons don't help either. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: By pushing random LSKs I got some options but all are without descriptive text so I don't really know what they do. I don't think this is normal. I uploaded screenshots for you to see what I mean.

Hi,

Your fonts are not installed properly. Try reinstalling.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

it must be the fonts..... Please have a look into your system under Windows/Fonts the following fonts must be available:

AirbusDisp.ttf,

AirbusDisp2.ttf,

AirbusMCDUa.ttf and

AirbusMCDUb.ttf

Another question: Do you have administrator rights and used this for the installation. Because otherwise it is not possible to install / change something in Windows.

Hanse

After seeing that post, I tried to uninstalling the Airbus again and these fonts were not removed. I tried removing them manually which didn't work as Windows claimed that the fonts were "still in use" so I uninstalled them using the registry editor. After that, I reinstalled the Airbus and now the Display works correctly, so thank you for pointing out these fonts to me.

After seeing that post, I tried to uninstalling the Airbus again and these fonts were not removed. I tried removing them manually which didn't work as Windows claimed that the fonts were "still in use" so I uninstalled them using the registry editor. After that, I reinstalled the Airbus and now the Display works correctly, so thank you for pointing out these fonts to me.

dude i press till the Negative button,please forgive dun get misunderstand.Sorry

Archived