Christmas quiz, day 3

• Aerosoft

post-43-0-91296600-1355832215.jpg

1) What the aircraft?

2) Explain "runway 04-19"

3) Imagine a triangular flight with each leg exactly 150 nm long, the 090 degree leg (true direction) and the 210 degree leg each require 80 minutes but the 330 degree leg takes one hour and twenty minutes. What's the wind speed and direction?

4) "Flight attendants, cross check" what does that actually mean?

Today's quiz is sponsored by our good friends at Flight1 btw.

flight1.jpg

1) RC-12X Guardrail;

2) Runway directions used by the Space Shuttle...;

3) There is no wind;

4) Check that the exit doors are ready for either take-off or landing.

1) RC-12X Guardrail

2) Temporally Runways used by Space Shuttle

3) No wind

4) Flight attendants must check their partner emergency ramp is armed. That is, if I'm on 2L and my mate is on 2R, I will check 2R and he will check 2L, just visually.

1-It is the Beechcraft RC-12 Huron

2-Id say it is not a normal runway,since they should be opposite directions, yet, after searching a bit, I have found out it has something to do with the "Edwards Air force Base"

3-Winds are 150º,at 1/3 of the current IAS (IF doing all 3 legs at a constant IAS)

4-Cabin crew moving from one door to another ,checking the door slide is armed,and crosschecking the partners worked ( It basically means confirming the other persons job on arming the slider)

EDIT-number 1 is actually the Beechcraft RC-12X

could number 2 have somthing to do whit the runway heading canges during the year an at a special place could be caused to changes as its close to south or nort poles..just a blind guess

but number 4 means the Flight attendants should cross check that the dores are (set to automatic) / armed in possision so the emmergency slides are active or de-active the emmergency slides after landing

1) Beechcraft RC-12X

2) because 2 runways cross each other ... i have no clue els than it might be something whit space ships and they might have some different navigation equepment.. as at Edwards Air force Base they have many runways and could mabe changes during the year but dosent give a explenation els than they cross each other as many of there runways does and gets different numbers during the year

3) There is no wind

4) Flight attendants should cross check, that the dores are Armed or disarmed depending on if it before engin start or after landing

but i dont know about 3 as i cant find a good way to calculate it..

1. Beechcraft RC-12N Guardrail I.

2. That the magnetic azimuth of one runway falls between 035and 044 degrees and it intersects with another of a magnetic azimuth of 185 to 194 degrees

3. There is no wind as 80 min and one hour 20 min are the same so a constant ground speed of 112.5kts was maintained throughout the whole flight.

4. For the Flight attendants to check that all emergency slides have been armed/disarmed at the beginning and end of each flight once the aircraft is ready for push back and before the passengers can disembark.

1. RC-12X Guardrail (Civil King Air B200)

2. Runway Heading 040 Grad (Degree) and Wind from 190 Degree

3. no Wind

4. A cross-check is a procedure which is performed by flight attendants before a plane pushes away from the gate, and again when the plane lands, before the doors of the plane are opened so that passengers can disembark. During a cross check, flight attendants check to make sure that the doors have been “armed” with emergency escape slides.

• Aerosoft

1) RC-12X Guardrail

2) Temporally Runways used by Space Shuttle

3) No wind

4) Flight attendants must check their partner emergency ramp is armed. That is, if I'm on 2L and my mate is on 2R, I will check 2R and he will check 2L, just visually.

3) and 4) are correct!

That's why it is called 'CROSS' check!

• Aerosoft

1-It is the Beechcraft RC-12 Huron

2-Id say it is not a normal runway,since they should be opposite directions, yet, after searching a bit, I have found out it has something to do with the "Edwards Air force Base"

3-Winds are 150º,at 1/3 of the current IAS (IF doing all 3 legs at a constant IAS)

4-Cabin crew moving from one door to another ,checking the door slide is armed,and crosschecking the partners worked ( It basically means confirming the other persons job on arming the slider)

EDIT-number 1 is actually the Beechcraft RC-12X

1) right (and the edit was okay in time)

2) duh

3) duh

4) right

• Aerosoft

1) Beechcraft RC-12X

2) because 2 runways cross each other ... i have no clue els than it might be something whit space ships and they might have some different navigation equepment.. as at Edwards Air force Base they have many runways and could mabe changes during the year but dosent give a explenation els than they cross each other as many of there runways does and gets different numbers during the year

3) There is no wind

4) Flight attendants should cross check, that the dores are Armed or disarmed depending on if it before engin start or after landing

but i dont know about 3 as i cant find a good way to calculate it..

1, 3, 4 okay

qustion 2 is tricky as it can´t be runway directions as it cant match because normaly only 10 degrees can be changsed during the year and some runways like in uk i saw they during night hours changes the runway numbers so it would give the 200 degrees and not close to 190 but mabe so..

1) Beechcraft RC-12X

2) The daytime and time of the year gives the different runway number

3) There is no wind

• Aerosoft

Nobody for the runway? Then I'll announce KAPTEJNLN the winner for today!

The runway is one at Lugards Fall (Tsavo East National Park, Kenia) that has a remarkable 30 degree turn halfway. One end points 040, the other end 190. Crocodiles galore. Tried to find an image but failed so far. Free product for the person who gets it.

Archived