Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Multiple issues

OY-VKS

H

Hi Jesper,

1. Known issue, for hotfix/service pack.

2. Known omission/issue, for hotfix/service pack

3. When that happens, are you selecting a new cruise altitude? Because setting it on the ground and climbing to the cruise altitude, and/or meeting a constraint this should work as it is supposed to.

4. Try entering in the VOR 1 first, then the ILS. Also, you can use VOR 2.

1. For hotfix/service pack possibly

2. That's an issue, and one we need a lot more info on. Screenshots of your ND and MCDU, and when that happens, without closing or ending your flight, please attach these log files (which can be found in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended). These log files should have the names;

- FMGS.log

- FMGSXX.dmp

- MCDUFPLData.txt

If you have completed or ended your flight, if you see this happen again, please do not close out or end your flight, and copy out those logs mentioned. Also, please include your exact route of flight, SID/STAR, and approach that you made when this happened.

Without these logs we are unable to research the issue and try to create a fix.

Hi Kyle

Thx for responding.

The flight was closed - BUT if it happens again I will report back here with the requested logfiles.

With regards to the VOR/ILS issue. It doen't matter in which order I enter the name OR freq. It still overwrites the 'other'. I know I can use VOR 2 but having setup VOR 1 AND VOR 2 together with the ILS for DME on the PFD - is standard procedure for approach. and is nice to have in case of a go around ;)

With regards to the ALT CRZ issue. I did NOT enter a new cruise altitude. It was the one I entered on the INIT A page during setup.

I will try this again though :)

Jesper

A couple more to add to the mix:

1. I'm not getting an altitude alert tone approaching level-off in a climb. I do get the tone in descents, though.

2. If an MDA with 4 or 5 digits is entered, the "MDA nnnn" text does not fit into block 4 of the PFD. I think the "MDA" should move to the line above so that the value entered can fit.

3. Very unstable at 4X acceleration...lots of severe abrupt wing rocks keep hitting intermittently. I have all the gusts and turbulence turned off in AS2012 and in FSUIPC.

4. Rapid EGT spike to near redline at ignition during engine start. This should be toned down in the gauge...a spike that rapid would be cause for an immediate termination of the start.

5. During a descent with selected VSpeed and managed speeds, the autothrottle never transitioned from mach to airspeed...the box showed .78/315 Managed, but it maintained M .78 right into an overspeed

6. Is there a way to get into INIT-B when the sim is started with the engines already running? Maybe auto-setting the block fuel in this situation would be a good idea, or unblocking the INIT-B page if the sim is started with engines already running.

Regards

Bob Scott

A couple more to add to the mix:

1. I'm not getting an altitude alert tone approaching level-off in a climb. I do get the tone in descents, though.

2. If an MDA with 4 or 5 digits is entered, the "MDA nnnn" text does not fit into block 4 of the PFD. I think the "MDA" should move to the line above so that the value entered can fit.

3. Very unstable at 4X acceleration...lots of severe abrupt wing rocks keep hitting intermittently. I have all the gusts and turbulence turned off in AS2012 and in FSUIPC.

4. Rapid EGT spike to near redline at ignition during engine start. This should be toned down in the gauge...a spike that rapid would be cause for an immediate termination of the start.

5. During a descent with selected VSpeed and managed speeds, the autothrottle never transitioned from mach to airspeed...the box showed .78/315 Managed, but it maintained M .78 right into an overspeed

6. Is there a way to get into INIT-B when the sim is started with the engines already running? Maybe auto-setting the block fuel in this situation would be a good idea, or unblocking the INIT-B page if the sim is started with engines already running.

Regards

Bob Scott

Hi Bob,

Currently, this thread is contained in the Route issues thread, and what you are reporting is more appropriate for the General thread. But I'll go through real quick to help answer your concerns.

1. You should be getting those tones, please recheck, and I will look into it as well.

2. Known issue, look for it possibly in a hotfix/service

3. As stated in the preview thread, the Extended is not meant for time acceleration, use at your own risk.

4. Known FSX limitation.

5. That is an issue, and we'll look into it. It has been seen before but should not have been present in release.

6. No, as in real life you cannot access that page once the engines are started. To edit your Block Fuel after your engines have started, use the FUEL PRED page of the Left MCDU.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jesper,

1. Known issue, for hotfix/service pack.

2. Known omission/issue, for hotfix/service pack

3. When that happens, are you selecting a new cruise altitude? Because setting it on the ground and climbing to the cruise altitude, and/or meeting a constraint this should work as it is supposed to.

4. Try entering in the VOR 1 first, then the ILS. Also, you can use VOR 2.

1. For hotfix/service pack possibly

2. That's an issue, and one we need a lot more info on. Screenshots of your ND and MCDU, and when that happens, without closing or ending your flight, please attach these log files (which can be found in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended). These log files should have the names;

- FMGS.log

- FMGSXX.dmp

- MCDUFPLData.txt

If you have completed or ended your flight, if you see this happen again, please do not close out or end your flight, and copy out those logs mentioned. Also, please include your exact route of flight, SID/STAR, and approach that you made when this happened.

Without these logs we are unable to research the issue and try to create a fix.

@Kyle

So I tried to set altitudes below the cruising altitude in the FCU and the FMA displayed ALT, as it should. But as soon as I select the preentered crusing altitude in the FCU the FMA displays ALT CRZ....

This should go on the list to be fixed ;)

Edit: Let me just be a bit more specific on that...

When I select the crusing altitude in the FCU the FMA ARMS the ALT CRZ - it is displayed in blue.... - Then upon reaching the cruising altitude the FMA displays ALT* as it should anf then ALT CRZ.... So its just the arming of the ALT CRZ in the FMA that is wrong. Hope that clears it up.

Jesper

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little addition to the above.

Then I get TCAS resolution advisory everything BUT the VSI indication is simulated... Can this be fixed?

E.g. when the resolution advisory is CLIMB the VSI in th e PFD should indicate a green area to be maintained surrounded by red areas....

I know that you won't add new features for now - but then for at SP, maybe???

Jesper

Archived