Fairbanks parking (PAFA)

marvic

I have noticed multiple duplicate parking spots on Fairbank X. Also when you click on some parking or gates, you get a different airport. Gate 1-6 shows Fairbanks seaplane base. Cargo parking 15 shows as Chena River. I have reinstalled the airport and have no addons for Alaska except ORBX PFJ, which does not extend that far north. Am I missing something? Other than that, the scenery is very good.

7s8s-1.jpgWrongairport-1.jpg

It is the same way i se it on my system...but i checked it and depending on whitch way the plane is pointing if you take parking East 10 for ga planes at some of the spots other is as you say another place in the airport

• Developer

Hi,

your airplane should be placed correct anyway. This little "mixe up" is because we have made more than one Afcad file for the airport to generate more realistic traffic and some very close Afcad´s like Chena River will also influence what FSX shows as airport name. In Anchorage it also happenes that, when choosing a PANC position FSX will show "Lake Hood" instead. But as I wrote, it should not have any influence on your aircraft placement.

Or is there another problem? I cannot read the screenshots as they are way too smal.

Thorsten, sim-wings

Or is there another problem?

My problem is that GSX does not work. When I am at Fairbanks the afcad of Chena River is used and this renders GSX useless. Only option I had was to remove these other afcad's.

I do like the scenery but a pity about this afcad thing.

brgds Dick

Hi,

your airplane should be placed correct anyway. This little "mixe up" is because we have made more than one Afcad file for the airport to generate more realistic traffic and some very close Afcad´s like Chena River will also influence what FSX shows as airport name. In Anchorage it also happenes that, when choosing a PANC position FSX will show "Lake Hood" instead. But as I wrote, it should not have any influence on your aircraft placement.

Or is there another problem? I cannot read the screenshots as they are way too smal.

Thorsten, sim-wings

Ok thanks Thorsten, not a big deal. The scenery is great.