Can't find FSCSetUp in FSC 9.2

apilot01

I have been previously using FSC v 9.0 and upgraded to 9.1. I have now downloaded the new version 9.2 and to avoid any conflicts have uninstalled 9.1 and copied 9.2 into my C/FSC folder.

Looking in the Installation .PDF I see a reference to a file FSCsetup, but looking at my downloaded files in my C/FSC folder I do not see this file anywhere. I have the following Folders:- Map, Support, Tool and the following files:- FSC.exe, FSCDbManager.exe, FSCFSXCFG.exe, FSCP3DCFG.exe but no FSCSetup.

Can you please tell me where it is?

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your reply, but where is the file? From the PDF file it says I have run the FSCSetUp file and follow the instructions. But, as previuosly described, I do not see a FSCSetUp file so I cannot run it. Hence the question.

Any suggestions, please.

Thank you for your reply, but where is the file? From the PDF file it says I have run the FSCSetUp file and follow the instructions. But, as previuosly described, I do not see a FSCSetUp file so I cannot run it. Hence the question.

Any suggestions, please.

To update one just needs to replace the files from the ones in the zip. No installation, that's right. Open FSC and check the version. what do you see there?

If in doubt, I would remove FSC and download the complete software again and just install again, in the same directory.

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your reply. You don't know how embarassed I am to tell you this but I can't make it install.

I have downloaded the folder from the Aerosoft site again just now, unzipped the download directly into my FSC folder which is located at C:/FSC. As stated before I cannot see the FSCSetup.exe file as described in the extract from the PDF file shown below

"FlightSim Commander will be installed by calling FSCSetup. Follow the instructions on the

screen. After the program has been successfully installed, you can start it directly from its

directory by clicking on Fsc.exe or the appropriate icon."

All I have are the following Folders:- Map, English Doc und Help, Tool and the following files:- FSC.exe, FSCDbManager.exe, FSCFSXCFG.exe, FSCP3DCFG.exe

I have tried copying the FSC.exe file to the desktop and running it but I see a message "FS Commander file and folder structure incomplete."

I should be able to install this in my sleep but for some reason I have hit a block. Can you please tell me where I am going wrong?

I appreciate your help,

Thank you

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your reply. You don't know how embarassed I am to tell you this but I can't make it install.

I have downloaded the folder from the Aerosoft site again just now, unzipped the download directly into my FSC folder which is located at C:/FSC. As stated before I cannot see the FSCSetup.exe file as described in the extract from the PDF file shown below

"FlightSim Commander will be installed by calling FSCSetup. Follow the instructions on the

screen. After the program has been successfully installed, you can start it directly from its

directory by clicking on Fsc.exe or the appropriate icon."

All I have are the following Folders:- Map, English Doc und Help, Tool and the following files:- FSC.exe, FSCDbManager.exe, FSCFSXCFG.exe, FSCP3DCFG.exe

I have tried copying the FSC.exe file to the desktop and running it but I see a message "FS Commander file and folder structure incomplete."

I should be able to install this in my sleep but for some reason I have hit a block. Can you please tell me where I am going wrong?

I appreciate your help,

Thank you

Hi there apilot,

In sound like you have only downloaded the FS9.2 Update zip file. This is an update only, and requires FS 9.1 to be installed. In this zip are the files you described. This is not the full installation package.

Here is what I would do:

Remove what files you have extracted, so considering you have not installed the software yet, just remove everything you have extracted. Delete the folder C:\FSC

Download FSC9.2 (I assume it's the same version as from Aerosoft, because only the registration key matters), and install it (already includes the update).

Please let me know if this worked!

Wish you success,

Joe

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for your help. I have downloaded using the link you have shown - the folder you have shown is completely different to the Aerosoft FSC 9.2 download folder. This new folder contains the FSCSetup.exe file.

I have to go out this evening so cannot progress now but I wil report back without fail tomorrow.

I am very grateful for your prompt and useful help.

Thank you.

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much, I now have FSC9 on my hard drive. Your advice was exactly right.

I thought it a bit odd that, despite all the warnings about not installing into C/Prog Files, the default installation location in the set up was..C/Prog Files ! (I am using Win7)

No matter, alles ist in ordung!

Danke.

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much, I now have FSC9 on my hard drive. Your advice was exactly right.

I thought it a bit odd that, despite all the warnings about not installing into C/Prog Files, the default installation location in the set up was..C/Prog Files ! (I am using Win7)

No matter, alles ist in ordung!

Danke.

Your welcome. I'm glad you got it to work. Yes, that's Windows... it will suggest the default installation directory. Just change it to C:\FSC or create a subdirectory, so that not all programs install into C:\ and you end up having a lot of folders there. You could install it in: C.\FS Software\FSC or something similiar to keep things organized.

Bitteschön :)