Buying on-line...

Spud

Hi Fellow flight buddies. :)

I have a question for you. Why do so many buy on-line and then have problems such as, downloading, don't receive the key etc. ?

I visit a lot of flight sim forums and read it all the time. Admin coming back to answer the questions and 9/10 the answers are always the same. Task manager, wait for your email, or have you done this, that or the other. I can understand the frustration you guys and gals are going through. Is it because you are so impatient that you want it instantly or is it to do with pricing ?

Call me an old fart, but why not have the patience and order the boxed version ? This is what I do and I have a shelf full of aerosoft products. I buy through one of the Australian distributors who always offer me the on-line option but I decline. What they do is send me the boxed version by express mail which I receive the next day. It's only one more sleep lol.

I have never had problems loading the boxed versions as my best friend "The Wizard" does it all for me and I end up a happy chappy. I'd love to hear some feedback from both sides of this senario. :)

Regards,

Pierre

• Aerosoft

If you sell tens of thousand of products a year a certain percentage will have problems. But you will see far more comments online about download sales because, well... those customers are online. If you phone an boxed order in and it does not arrive on time it is likely that this customer will phone and not complain online.

Yet, I got the details about all download sales in 2011 on my desk here. 99.4% of all orders went without any problems. That means we are not aware of any problem. By far the biggest percentage of problems with digital delivery are caused by spam filters. The customer buys a product, does not get the code, does not get any answer to his complains and get's upset. Yet we have done anything right, it is just that all our mails are deleted or put in the spam folder with penis enlargement offers. And there is nothing we can do about that.

What is far more important however is how the issues are handled. And I dare say we are very good at solving them. As far as I know there is no customers who paid and did not get what he paid for. None. (with the exception of people who have been looking at websites run by pirates, the moment we got any proof of that all our support stops.)

• Upvote 2

Thank you Mathijs for you explaination. The percentages that you've mentioned shows that only a small minority come across some type of problem. As members, all we can do is read their complaints which doesn't show the stats that you have now provided.

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm no having a go. I was just curious as to why it seems to be just on-line sales. Like you have now said, some people do phone with a complaint. I'm still one to buy the boxed version and keep up the good work guys !

• Deputy Sheriffs

And there is another phenomenon: People always post about the few things that went wrong, but once in a blue moon, when everthing is fine. Of course, as a customer youn should expect good customer service but nobody is going to write in a forum "well done guys".

Best example is the "Deutsche Post/DHL": there are hundreds of complaints about Deutsch Post/DHL every day, but compared to 70 Million items deliverd per day(!) it is nothing.

And my own experience:

- Aerosoft customer since 2006: not one single problem neither download nor box shop

- Deutsche Post/DHL customer since 30 (?) years: one item lost (1 year ago), but problem was solved within 10 days

So the only thing I can say: Keep it up!

Another reason for buying online might be that not all products come out as boxed versions. I prefer boxed versions too, but if a product is download-only I still buy the download version. Never had any problems, neither with the boxed or with the download versions.

PS those boxed versions I buy at my local retail store instead of the Aerosoft online store.