Bullies in Forums

F4PhantomRAAF

It seems to me, that if one person is annoying another, then rather than lengthy posts from either side (bringing still more bystanders into the fray) perhaps the judicious use of the ignore button by concerned parties would help to avoid senseless escalation. It must be obvious that blood pressure control is one of its many uses.

As for myself, I must confess to eating popcorn while watching the fire! (And shaking my head at the familiarity of it all) :blush:

(Yes, I am ashamed of myself. I will seek a suitable penance.) :P

• Upvote 2

Trouble with the ignore list = even an idiot can occasionally have something profound to say...

Far better then, that the idiot wait until they have something profound to say to avoid getting lumped in with the rest of the pond life and ignored because of the rest of their puerile petty musings ...

Went to Monkey World recently: Watched chimps throwing sh.t at the audience. Had the presence of mind to ask the keepers where to stand to avoid getting sh1t thrown at me. Laughed later at the queue of stinking complainers.

Me? Super intelligent?

Nah! They super dumb - but bloody funny!

Later on, watched a documentary where a chimp demonstrated a remembering ability that would phase a Mastermind competitor.

If I hadn't watched it I'd have never realised that throwing c.ra.p. is a sign of intelligence

Not being able to avoid it being thrown at you is really the demonstration of stupidity...

• Upvote 6

Maybe we can have a troubleshooting guide sticky in the forum for each product. Then we can instantly go to that 'sticky' for product information. Just an idea, but it could solve a lot of multiple postings. And save you guys a lot of hassle.

The most common problems could be dealt with first. EDIT I mean at the top of the sticky.

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

To be honest that wouldn't save to much time either as there are FAQs to common problems in the Support Fourms FAQs section and people still ask bout the issue and so get pointed in the right direction.

The search function can be a little finnicky at times but a change of search parameters sometimes yields results even for me.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the spirit of Daniel's original post. I mainly get time to check on the forum once a week, when away for work from a mobile device. I read probably 100 topics yet reply to one. And it is a pain to tap away on a 4 inch touchscreen, so I compose my replies so that the meaning reflects the effort to type it out in the first place.

Yet I think in all 5 or so posts I made (and the average post count is around that mark if you do a quick browse of the member list) the was (rightly so) some other posters who would "shoot me down", without anything constructive to add.

It got me annoyed that I felt why bother contributing at all. I take my hat off to Daniel for bringing this up, because I felt like I was not needed to contribute at Aerosoft unless I had 1000+ posts. If I felt that way, how many others have as well and didn't bother to say something after their 5 posts as well.

Insofar as Customer Service image in the community, Aerosoft in my opinion is the leader. It's funny how some members of this forum can do such a great job of tarnishing that image.

Trouble with the ignore list = even an idiot can occasionally have something profound to say...

Far better then, that the idiot wait until they have something profound to say to avoid getting lumped in with the rest of the pond life and ignored because of the rest of their puerile petty musings ...

Went to Monkey World recently: Watched chimps throwing sh.t at the audience. Had the presence of mind to ask the keepers where to stand to avoid getting sh1t thrown at me. Laughed later at the queue of stinking complainers.

Me? Super intelligent?

Nah! They super dumb - but bloody funny!

Later on, watched a documentary where a chimp demonstrated a remembering ability that would phase a Mastermind competitor.

If I hadn't watched it I'd have never realised that throwing c.ra.p. is a sign of intelligence

Not being able to avoid it being thrown at you is really the demonstration of stupidity...

That is an excellent analogy! :D

Made me laugh, thank you for that on an otherwise dull day in the office!

Andrew