Calfire N400DF Porterville California [New paint] 4U

ddeuce

201213144828609.jpg This is the new scheme created in 2007 after the fatal crash of the original #410 based in Porterville, California. I apologise for the dimple effect in the nose, but have had no luck correcting it. Perhaps it can make 1 person happy, I have done my job. download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KK10RQQJ

• Upvote 1

I am awaiting the paintkit myself and some of these aircraft will be redone...especially the military ones. I've got art work already for the USMC aircraft with rd/white/blue markings that was done. Also hoping the correct model is put out to do a few USAF aircraft.

Mr. Deuce, you seem unstoppable, great work! :)

But are you going to redo all when the paintkit and new models are out?

You bet........ I am a fan of realism, My son who drives the Hornet for the Marine corps, uses the FSX to keep sharp, he also likes realism, his favorite is Aerosoft Falcon.... I keep sharp on instrument approaches... ANNDDD seeing as most of my flight life was in the Bronco, and the Aztec, I appreciate good work when I see it........... and Aerosoft is the best @ keeping it real..... Eye candy is one thing.... and sometimes when you fly in FS, all you have to do is modify your way of thinking,,,,,, and IT IS REAL........ I have a lot of friends who are still contracted with the CDF, and I am going to create a package for them.... Each reg number by district will be represented... Paso Robles, Ukiah, Redding, Ramona, etc...etc... I do hope you will like it. and Thank you for your compliments.... Johnny

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have a lot of friends who are still contracted with the CDF, and I am going to create a package for them.... Each reg number by district will be represented... Paso Robles, Ukiah, Redding, Ramona, etc...etc... I do hope you will like it. and Thank you for your compliments.... Johnny

I am looking forward to all your creations, Johnny, and will certainly add them to the Bronco fleet.

But I think it is wise to wait for the paintkit.

In the meantime, it would also be great if you had a few stories/adventures that you can tell us about your 2346 hours of flying the real Bronco. That is, if it is not classified. ;)

A short one...... in 68 a friend of mine and myself were tasked with a CAS mission near Phu Bai VMO-2, Phil was airbourne before I, and circled around to wait on my process. as I rumbled down the strips, I heard a call on guard channel, that Phil was in trouble... so I made my takeoff a short one, circling to port to allow my friend acccess to the runway, as I went full military, jerking the stick over to port, I looked up- right into the glare of a light not 100 feet away, talk about a troubled feeling, not enough airspace between the ground and the oncomming Bronco, hell I still had T/O configuration, I reached over grabbed the landing gear, and went down and dirty........... I missed Phil, but did not miss the top end of a tree, it ripped my left gear-spar, needless to say the CAS mission was finished by the Air-Force from Bien-Hoa...... This situation was called FUBAR

How to survive SEAR, towards the end of training in the Bronco, Our unit had to undergo a form of SEAR training.... so all of us were packed into a Hercules, and flown to Entman AFB in Colorado, and loaded in numbers of 4 into a UH-1, then we were helicoptered into the piney woods, we were dropped 10 miles apart...... and given an 8 hour headstart, I took out my trusty compass, and proceeded to haul butt on a deviat course back to Entman (on foot) . It was cold, and raining (late July) sometime around midnite I took to a large thicket of small evergreen to rest, only to be awakened by the noise that the tracker assigned to capture me was makeing.. he passed me by, and I went the other way. I had gone about 4 miles (downhill) when I stumbled into a mother skunk with a whole hurd of little ones.... thinking quickly I followed mommy and babies till they disappeared under a large pine tree, and me being curious dove under with them AND IMMEDIATELY sustained maximum skunk damage... I was reeking, about 10 minutes later HERE COMES MY TRACKER.... I figured I was caught.... but one whiff, and I heard the tracker say AWWW S#*T !!! and off he went in a big hurry, 9 hours later I signed in at the guard gate (with much disdain) from the Air Force security guard... The following day I was 1 of 5 of 24 members who received a certificate of successful completion.... To this date I have a fondness for skunks, and have 2 who reside with me Archie who is 9 years old, and Jasmine who is 8 (worry not) they are medically descented) p.s. we did this again when we transferred to the Phillapines for acclimation..... I failed miserably :boohoo_s: