Characteristics and performance - changeable?

Rob-CH

Hello - Can the performance charasteristics like engine power, empty weight and perhaps even dimensions of the Katana be changed somehow?

Cheers

Robert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, what a silly (stupid ?) question. :rolleyes:

Everything is like in real life, so no need to change anything. And if you want to have an aircraft with different characteristics, build one of your own ;)

You are SO going to have to justify that question Rob...

But be warned, if you haven't searched and read the forum your next comment could be even dafter than this one! :chairfall_s:

Dear gents - the reason is simple: I would like to experiment with the Katana on core parameters. Instead of providing me with opinions, it would have been more helpful to provide a pointer or a 'no' it isn't possible...

So--- back to my question then... pretty please with lots of sugar on top this time ;)

You can make changes to the aircraft.cfg file, among other things.

If you have the software development kit installed, take a look at the documentation in fsxsdk.chm - if you look under "SimObject Container SDK" there is a section called "Aircraft Configuration Files".

Enjoy playing around :)

In this case, no. Not because the parameters can't be changed, but rather because of the complex interractions that those changes present with the vast array of behind the scenes code that drive the GUI menu's and the outside-the-sim damage parameters. Which are persistent.

My guess is you will totally, completely and utterly bugger it up and as you are doing something so daft, we won't be able to help you except tell you to reinstall. whcih defeats the object.

Why would you wish to experiment with THIS aircraft? This is probably the worst possible choice.

Ever.

In the history of sim-dom!

Try some Carenado models, they can usually only benefit from being messed with... :glare_s:

• 2 weeks later...