Katana, Track-IR and Ezdok - How?

toby23

Have any of you managed to set custom camera views with the Ezdok utility for the Katana that work with Track-IR?

I can set them but they won't save.

Every time I restart FSX, the views 'break' and the cameras are stuck in the fuselage.

I don't have this problem with any other aircraft, only the Katana, which is why I post here, rather than at the Ezdok forums.

Please understand that this is not related to drivers, updates, gpu settings, fsx.cfg or those pigeons on the wire outside my house.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

i7 2600k, 8gb Ram, GTX 580 Sli, Win 7 64, FSX Acceleration

Have any of you managed to set custom camera views with the Ezdok utility for the Katana that work with Track-IR?

I can set them but they won't save.

Every time I restart FSX, the views 'break' and the cameras are stuck in the fuselage.

I don't have this problem with any other aircraft, only the Katana, which is why I post here, rather than at the Ezdok forums.

Please understand that this is not related to drivers, updates, gpu settings, fsx.cfg or those pigeons on the wire outside my house.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

i7 2600k, 8gb Ram, GTX 580 Sli, Win 7 64, FSX Acceleration

As you don't tell us about the pigeons, how can we possibly know...?

I'm using Track IR. It is persistent and it is perfect.

I don't use EZdok, and have already shot the pigeons for crapping on my car.

• 8 months later...

My friend was having problems with EZDOK with some of his aircraft recently. I do not have EZDOK but while sorting out my friends FSX and PC problems, it became clear that you probably need to make sure to run the EZDOK Config utility whenever you install a new aircraft so that EZDOK knows about the new addition. Maybe this will help your issue?

One thing my friend still has problems with though are the click-spots when using the RealityXP GPS from different view angles in the Katana 4X. They seem fine when you look face on to the GPS but if you set up a custom EZDOK camera at other angles to the GPS view, the click spots become grossly misaligned and sometimes even inaccessible.

It's situations like this when wanting to use 3rd-party gauges in VC-only add-on aircrtaft that I wish aircraft developers would provide the option in their config tools to allow us to have 'blank-plate' planar-polygon areas on which to add our favourite 3rd-party gauges such as RealityXP GPS, FLT and FLN instruments. I much prefer the 'functional fidelity' offered by these addon gauges over the 'visual fidelity' of the 3D buttons and bezels hard-coded into the aircraft MDL model.

the ORBX Lancair aircraft devs went some way towards this by allowing you to blank out the GPS / radio panel area to add your RXP stuff to it. Sadly they didn't go far enough and also allow the blanking out of the 't-stack' instruments so we could add the RXP FLT & FLN gauges.