Why Products Cost More Here?

Huascar

Aerosoft,

I noticed that the PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKIES FLIGHT SIM costs $50 USD here and on Amazon (USA) it costs $25.65. Is it a different version? It looks the same though.

It also says its sold by another vendor and NOT Amazon LLC, and this vendor has 3% negative feedback over the last 30 days. I'd spend a little more and know I've got someone to fall back on for support, I doubt this third party vendor will be able to.

I think the price difference is substantial ($25 vs $50). Amazon is selling for 50% less (boxed). If you are a frequent buyer I think it adds up. But I understand you have the support you need here in case you run into software problem.

The guys have a good point about the version on Amazon being available through an affiliate so you cannot be 100% sure what you are getting.

By the way the PMDG 747 is a really great aircraft systems depth wise, however, the VC and the external model are looking pretty tired. You can add the 748 extension to the 747 (available as a download only from the PMDG website) which does significantly improve the external model but does nothing for the VC.

Have you considered the PMDG 737NGX perhaps? Is available now as download only from PMDG but will also be available here in a few weeks time (both box and download I think).

• Aerosoft

The main reason that prizes are different is that markets and resellers are different. Amazon buys stuff in large orders and gets good discounts, if they are willing to take a very small margin (or just want to clear stores) you will see low prices. We have very limited control over that.

It should be all legit, don't worry to much about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a frequeant buyer from Amazon; books, music, and even my digital SLR and have enjoyed the significant discounts and excellent shipping service I have found there.

That being said, I will never buy simming software from them. Not because I feel it would be less than legal, but because they are a reseller of such things, and have absolutely no interest in the hobby, they probably don't even keep records on the sales of these items as they are a vanishingly small subset of their business. I will only buy from suppliers that have an interest in the business and consider it their mainstream. The fact that good developers/originators like Aerosoft and PMDG have such a track record of delivery of excellent products, and communicate openly with their customer base (that Mathijs has thousands of posts and that Shaun is everywhere on the site with help, thoughts, querys about potential new products is certainly different from top management at Amazon or any other reseller.)

Failure to support Sim based companies is failure to support our own best interest for the hobby.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am a frequeant buyer from Amazon; books, music, and even my digital SLR and have enjoyed the significant discounts and excellent shipping service I have found there.

That being said, I will never buy simming software from them. Not because I feel it would be less than legal, but because they are a reseller of such things, and have absolutely no interest in the hobby, they probably don't even keep records on the sales of these items as they are a vanishingly small subset of their business. I will only buy from suppliers that have an interest in the business and consider it their mainstream. The fact that good developers/originators like Aerosoft and PMDG have such a track record of delivery of excellent products, and communicate openly with their customer base (that Mathijs has thousands of posts and that Shaun is everywhere on the site with help, thoughts, querys about potential new products is certainly different from top management at Amazon or any other reseller.)

Failure to support Sim based companies is failure to support our own best interest for the hobby.

Well, following your argumentation, I don't understand, why you bought your DSLR at amazon :confused_s:

You'll will never get any kind of support from amazon, except of returning items you bought. Once a while ago, their mainstream was selling books. Now their mainstream is selling evrything that brings profit, either directly or through marketplace.

So I really can't follow your argumentation, as it is somehow confuse. :wacko:

Well, following your argumentation, I don't understand, why you bought your DSLR at amazon :confused_s:

You'll will never get any kind of support from amazon, except of returning items you bought. Once a while ago, their mainstream was selling books. Now their mainstream is selling evrything that brings profit, either directly or through marketplace.

So I really can't follow your argumentation, as it is somehow confuse. :wacko:

Well, I know for sure that this Sony DSLR is NOT a grey-market coming from Amazon, and if I had bought it on a 5th Avenue Big Box Camera shop (for more money) I would not have been assured of that. Furthermore, no matter from whom I bought it, any adjustments, repairs, etc are done only by Sony, not by the seller.

I bought a 50-300mm zoom lens from a major NY camera company that has 4-8 page adverts in all of the US camera magazines. It was sold to me at list price plus $28 shipping. When it arrived, it was marked, "not for sale in the US". My responsibility for repair was to return it to Japan rather than the companies US division. This was clearly Grey- market material, even though their advert never mentioned that it came without a valid US warrenty. Had I wanted to return it, I would have had to pay a 20 % "restocking" fee. Luckily, it has been a reliable lens , but I am still without a repair facility or warentee. Amazon was out of stock when I ordered, but they assure US buyers in their adverts that these are authorized US products.

I hope this offsets the earlier confusion.

Bestbuy, a reputable electronics and software chain store here in the U.S., sells the PMDG 747 boxed from Aerosoft for $29.99!

Note that it is sold out online, you need to go into the store to get it.

Also, you may find it even less expensive in your local store than the online price of $29.99, it was priced less in my store.

www.bestbuy.com

PMDG 747 at $29.99 vs. $52.00? If you are a regular buyer it will add up over time. We are not talking about a few dollars difference. Now, the prices for some of the items sold here are competitive but they cannot compete with major retail stores. Having the technical support is a plus, however. The good thing about buying the download version is that you have access to it when you want it.