Frame Rate?

Hey there,

Just bought and installed the Katana 4X. I got my PPL in this aircraft.

Now, I have a pretty good system can have 30+ fps with other aircraft, even complex aircraft like PMDG J41. I only get 0.3 fps with K4X???

I have no idea what is going wrong here??? I have searched the forums, but didn't see anything related.

My Specs:

Windows 7 64B

i7 950 OC'd to 3.9GHz

6GB DDR3-2000

GTX 460

Coincidentally, it plays out just as if I has installed a RealityXP GPS in the aircraft... which unfortunately I cannot use anymore because it does the same thing and kills everything!

I also notice several of my cores hard pegged at 100%... I never see this with any other aircraft!

The RXP problem was my first thought, that's the reason I stopped using it, because of the 0.3fps problem. I would suggest backing up the FSX.cfg file, deleting the original, and then let FSX rebuild it to start with. Then work from there.

Could be something to do with admin rights maybe? Or a simconnect problem? Just guessing on the usual culprits here :)

The RXP problem was my first thought, that's the reason I stopped using it, because of the 0.3fps problem. I would suggest backing up the FSX.cfg file, deleting the original, and then let FSX rebuild it to start with. Then work from there.

Could be something to do with admin rights maybe? Or a simconnect problem? Just guessing on the usual culprits here :)

Tried recreating the fsx.cfg... no dice. admin rights, always.

The only other thing I can think of that may be related, is complex aircraft with their own GPS database. May have got corrupted? Any software that updates the GPS database? Things like that. I have a friend who updates the GPS database, and sometimes he gets problems with an update, and has to revert back to previous versions.

If none of those are relevant then I'm afraid it's a waiting game until someone with intimate knowledge of this craft comes on line :( Mine seemed install fine, and runs on my very low spec PC satisfactorily. And my PC is nowhere near the spec of yours.

Hey there,

Just bought and installed the Katana 4X. I got my PPL in this aircraft.

Now, I have a pretty good system can have 30+ fps with other aircraft, even complex aircraft like PMDG J41. I only get 0.3 fps with K4X???

I have no idea what is going wrong here??? I have searched the forums, but didn't see anything related.

My Specs:

Windows 7 64B

i7 950 OC'd to 3.9GHz

6GB DDR3-2000

GTX 460

Coincidentally, it plays out just as if I has installed a RealityXP GPS in the aircraft... which unfortunately I cannot use anymore because it does the same thing and kills everything!

I also notice several of my cores hard pegged at 100%... I never see this with any other aircraft!

I might be able to shed some light for you as I had a similar issue.. Please send me your panel.cfg file to bliksimpie at gmail dot com

For some reason some might have a erroneous entry with the RXP in the panel.cfg.. So let me have a look at your panel.cfg file.. it might be just a small correction.. but then on the other hand it might be something totally different to what I experienced. But lets give it a try.

under the VC section there is gauge 46 and 47.. Only one should be active

gauge46=fs9gps!gps_500, 1244, 12, 790, 742

//gauge47=rxpGNS!GNS530, 1245, 1140, 790, 570

in the example above the gauge 46 is active and 47 is inactive because it has // in front of gauge 47. Make sure that both entries do not look like this

gauge46=fs9gps!gps_500, 1244, 12, 790, 742

gauge47=rxpGNS!GNS530, 1245, 1140, 790, 570

When you have both these entries active then you will get 0.3 fps and even worst sometime it will result in full crash to desktop.

on the other subject is, do you have the patch installed.. ? this update have not yet been included in the latest download of katana and you must apply it afterwards

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/45157-open-beta-101-update/

That last post may have been it... I had to reinstall FSX in the end.

I wish I could have my RealityXP 530 in there. Anyone getting it to work with W7 64???

EDIT:

I was just installing the Shockwave code in my panel.cfg file.

Guess what, The rxpGNS is not REM'd from the line, and this is a fresh install?

I wish I could have my RealityXP 530 in there. Anyone getting it to work with W7 64???

I also have no problem with the RXP 530. yes I also use Windows 7 64 bit

Worked like a charm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

And I have the same problem like wunderlicht. Did deinstall all RXP stuff and reinstalled from scratch but all my RXP equipped planes are screwed on FPS. AS sson as I comment out the gauge all is fine on every of them. RXP was not able to help :blush: