Tongass Fjords - No Water, Just Trees

Fab10

Aerosoft Order: 283761

System: W7 64-bit, i7-920@4.0Ghz, 6Gb 1066 RAM, 7,200 500Gb WD HD, GTX460 (Nvidia Vers. 275.33), 600W PSU, FSX Gold with SP1 & SP2, UTX Europe, GEX Europe, REX2

Hi,

I purchased this product yesterday, and the installation ran perfectly to the end, but a white and empty dialogue box appeared which is supposed to be the TFX configuration utility; a 32-bit version is available, which I downloaded and am running OK.

The scenery library entries are prioritised correctly, and these have been moved up/down to test; currently they are at the top in positions 1 & 2.

I have run the configuration utilities for UTX & GEX, and I have retried TFX again and again but there is still no water, just a sea of trees.

Please can someone assist me with this issue?

I have posted on other forum's for help but without reply.

Thanks,

Fab10

Your best off asking on FSAddon+ forums http://fsaddon.eu/wp...n/?page_id=1055

Thanks Matt, I have already posted there but my post has not as yet been answered.

I'll try again, but if you have some information, it might prove decisive.\

I believe it's to do with the the terrain.cfg file which the installer/configuration utility isn't updating (this is a common problem), but sadly FSAddon support PM users with the missing information without posting what the lines are.

24-hours on (nearly) and the product still isn't working.

Thanks,

Fab10

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks Matt, I have already posted there but my post has not as yet been answered.

I'll try again, but if you have some information, it might prove decisive.\

I believe it's to do with the the terrain.cfg file which the installer/configuration utility isn't updating (this is a common problem), but sadly FSAddon support PM users with the missing information without posting what the lines are.

24-hours on (nearly) and the product still isn't working.

Thanks,

Fab10

Can you post a screenshot? And where does it exactly happen?

Hi,

I have only run in PAWG so far, but the problem sounds exactly like many others posted in the FSAddons & other forums. The FSAddons forum shows that this is a widespread issue (plus in other support forums).

The water is missing, and instead, trees are present.

Apparently the installed fails to add some lines to the terrain.cfg file, and as a result, the textures and landclass are incorrect for the new region; I suspect that this is what needs updating.

It is unlikely that it's other scenery areas as I only have European scenery installed; this is my first venture in this part of the world.

I am happy to say that I have just received an email from FSAddons, and that they will contact me shortly with some help.

Thanks for your help and support.

Best wishes,

Fab10

post-44304-0-06959600-1310140049.jpg

post-44304-0-99493300-1310140062.jpg

Hello;

I had the same problem with Tongas Fjords,I have Fsx Accleration,installed on a 64 bit system,Windows 7,instlled on the D-drive.If you go to the site,there is a download that makes Tongass Fjords compatable for 64 bit systems.

Mark