No road traffic on Iceland X?

etien

Hello,

Thanks for this addon, I really like iceland (been there a couple of times, and this addon brings nice memories).

I was wondering why I dont see any road traffic on Iceland X, (except the one by the runway of reykavick for a km or so) even on the highway between keyflavik and reykavick that can be very busy, with traffic set to 100% !

This feels very lonely, there is traffic in summer (tourist buses etc)

Boats traffic seems to work ok.

Also:

- I would have added a bit of fumes effect on all the active volcanic places, without assuming an active eruption. Sceneries at "Ile de la Reunion" do manage well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Iceland_Mid-Atlantic_Ridge_Fig16.gif

- the geothermal plant on nesjavallavegur and the pipeline is missing. (east on reykavick, close to the 435 - 360 junction, just before lake thingvallavatn). (sadly under the clouds in google earth at the moment) around N64 7.32 W21 20.18

In fact it would have been nice to have a simple model of a geothermic plant for the 3 main power plant, maybe based on the Nesjavellir Geothermal Power Station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_power_in_Iceland. Because of the big steam they release I am prety sure they are clearly visible from the sky..

- maybe that's me,but I do think that gullfoss should have deserved some kind of treatment (N64 19.36 W20 7.66)

Etienne

FSX road traffic is rather limited. It's not possible to simulate sparse traffic, so we decided against road traffic on most roads instead of unrealistic dense traffic.

We have some fume effects, but not at the volcanos. Again, FSX delivers limited options for realistic effects. For small smoke clouds, for geysers, waterfalls or small fumes it's ok, but you can't simulate large volcano clouds.

FSX road traffic is rather limited. It's not possible to simulate sparse traffic, so we decided against road traffic on most roads instead of unrealistic dense traffic.

Bah, some road would have deserved some traffic though, especially on the west cost, and maybe the south of the circular one, user could have limited to 11% and that could have done the trick. (peeps that really dont like it would could always have set it up to 0%

We have some fume effects, but not at the volcanos. Again, FSX delivers limited options for realistic effects. For small smoke clouds, for geysers, waterfalls or small fumes it's ok, but you can't simulate large volcano clouds.

A bunch of small fumes on the active volcanic places would have been fun imho (with a bunch of colored pools, krisuvik on road 42 is a good example of what I have in mind).

Thanks again for this great scene ThoRe

Etien

In my scenery of Iceland I find geysirs with hot steam, fume over small lakes and some traffic. How come you don't see that? Make sure Iceland X Priority 1 and 2 are placed in this order in your Scener Library.

Greetings mr. IngeJ

Let me add: I use Ultimate Terrain X Europe as well.

post-42620-0-22851200-1307443301_thumb.j

post-42620-0-83850700-1307443313_thumb.j

As I said, there are several fume/cloud effects, but not as many and as detailed as in reality; FSX simply can't do this.

The traffic you show seems to be in Reykjavik, we didn't include any other road traffic for reasons described above. UTX should not change this as long as Iceland X is above UTX in the scenery library (which is highly recommended).